Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Early morning scent

This morning, Mini had a tough time getting up for school. Why? She had a long nap yesterday afternoon and so, naturally, she was wide awake at night. Like WIDE awake. 

Anyway, we brought her downstairs and she continued sleeping on the couch..refusing to budge. So, I did what any stressed out parent would do - whack her nicely with the cane! But, of course, it would've been the easier way out and I'd probably be even more stressed because I'd have to spend that extra 20 minutes getting her to stop crying. Plus, both of us will be in the most horrible mood, she'd hate school, I'd hate myself for having whacked her in the first place. So you see...won't get any of us anywhere.

Instead of whacking her (we don't have a cane anyway....shocker! but it's true), I just tickled her a couple of times...kissed her a couple of times...rubbed her belly a couple of times...tickled her some more times. She got so annoyed with me that she stuck her toe up my nose! I made that yucky face and needless to say, we both laughed, giggled, and she got tickled some more. 

The result of it was : Mini did eventually wake. She wasn't cranky despite having insufficient sleep. She was glad to go off to school. I, on the other hand, did not end up doing what I intended to do because I was beat having to play pretend, getting the girls ready, playing driver. But, at the end of it all, we were glad for the day. It was (and still is) a beautiful day after all. My laundry will dry. I guess that's "accomplishment" for a SAHM, huh?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP