Thursday, June 5, 2014

How to get your sister out of your hair


created by Ashley for Em


Ash : Here you go Emily...find the words...ask Mommy if you can't find any. O_O

It's the "ask Mommy" part that I cringe..hehhe..

A little backstory : 

The girls were ill 2 weeks back. I don't know what it was but they had fever that kept yo-yo ing up and down. At one stage I thought it was dengue. But, thankfully it wasn't. On top of the fever, they were coughing and had runny nose. They were at home for a week. Towards the end of the week, they were better and started to annoy each other (and me). 

So, one day, Ash decided to draw up this puzzle for Em. You know, to keep Em occupied. But, as you  know, Em wouldn't know how to find the words because she can't read yet!! Well, she can do "cat" and "dog" but she struggles with words having 4 letters in them. 

I told Ash that Em wouldn't be able to do it. Ash rolled her eyes and exclaim "but, it's so easy!" - Wah lau! How action?! Anyways, I ended up helping Em find the words and she circled them..heheheh.

Not part of backstory : I am surprised with Ash. For someone who didn't read till she was 5.5 years old, she's doing quite well. Of course, this improved English literacy skill is to the exclusion of other languages i.e Mandarin and BM. But...it's ok la..she knows Yik, Err, San, Sher...and Mau Makan...good enough for me :-D.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP