Tuesday, September 28, 2010

food that tastes so good, you'd think you're in heaven

Last Saturday, at 4pm in the afternoon, I had banana-leaf-rice. Yes..you heard me - 4 in the PM.

We were on our way back to my PIL's place, Ash was napping in the car and all of a sudden, I had this craving for tosai. So, I told hubby to stop by Sri Ganesh (section 13, close to the University Hospital) to have tea. He said ok because we had such an early lunch and was clearly exhausted (and not to mention, hungry) from our outing. Besides, lil EM was with my PIL and it's been a while since we had a decent meal; esp our kind of meal.

Then, as soon as we stepped into Sri Ganesh, my tummy took a turn and I ordered banana-leaf-rice instead. You should've seen the look on hubby's face..like "what is wrong with you woman?" I didn't care. I ordered one anyway. I even grabbed a plate and filled it up with curry chicken. And I was on the highway to heaven as I dug into every grain of rice smoldered with yummy and warm fish curry. Never mind how they made their food, it was good enough for me to eat.

After that, I couldn't move. Ash ate all my poppadom and asked for more. Hubby had roti canai with dal. Did I say that Ash ate all my poppadom? Yeah she did and at the same time, finishing the man's tub of poppadom causing him to refill the tub with more. I held up my hand and gestured "no more please". Needless to say, he was Ash's best friend for the day.

YOu know, I haven't had such a lovely meal in such such a long time. It did ruin my dinner but what the heck, my tummy's meant to be spoilt rotten once in a while..heheh..**burp**

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder sometimes I just want to eat simply because I "found a peaceful timing" to dine... Even roti canai taste so good when get to eat in "Peace"....

after being a mom, meal time is really just about chomping down everything and move before Mr koala(Jude) clung to my thigh and the big bosss(Manfred) start rushing me that it's outdoor time now!

mommy to chumsy said...

hmmm....you sure you are not preggy? muahahahhahaahahahhaa

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Sounds like a good time to me. I don't fancy banana leaf rice so I'll probably fight over the papadums with Ash!!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Sounds like a good time to me. I don't fancy banana leaf rice so I'll probably fight over the papadums with Ash!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP