Friday, November 16, 2007

The weekend is here

It is Friday.

But wait, I have my photos so yay me!! Lesson learned, always back up photos!!

Since its a wet and gloomy day, I will stay in today. Not like there has been much activities lately either. Although, I did get a chance to go out yesterday. Dropped Ashley off at the in laws and went out with a friend. She commented that I looked tired even though I don't work. Huh?? True enough I am not working as in earning $$ but I am "working". I still get up early and go to bed late. Of course I can choose to sleep earlier but then, who is going to feed Ashley? Certainly not my hubby cos he'd be zonked out by then.

To say that I was irked by her remark isn't entirely true, I wasn't really cos I know she didn't mean to be mean. She just don't get it. Once you become a mom, whether you are a FTWM or SAHM or WAHM, you are at "working" 24/7.

Not true? Wait. Take SAHM for example, that is the easiest for me to describe. Even if you have a maid or two, you will continue to fuss about the house, the kids, the plumber. Though you may not be getting your hands dirty but you sure will be supervising and giving out orders. The best part is, if your maid isn't carrying out your orders to your satisfaction, you may well end up having to do them yourself. What's more if you have school going kids? Piano lessons? Guitar lessons?

What about FTWM? Yeah, what about them? They are having it even harder. Why? I will tell you why? They wake up, earlier than most. To get ready themselves and to get the kids ready so they can fetch the kids to the nanny or in laws on time so they can get to work on time. At work, they go about doing their work but they are thinking of their kids. They try to rush out work so they can take their kids home. If they have to work late, they are overwhelmed with guilt. If they travel, its worst. Once they get home, they will again fuss about the kids, the house, the plumber and the entire world before they get to do anything for themselves. Don't even get me started on the WAHM. I totally salute them.

A mom is a job in itself. Unless you are one, its hard to explain or even get someone to understand that its a full and lifetime job. A job you can't quit nor retire from. As to which type of "mom" gets it better, I'd have to say none. They are all the same. Different designation for the same profession.

8 comments:

Sasha Tan said...

i come and comment edi!

its like dat la...ppl like to comment. Dun understand but like to talk so much. GRR!!

Anonymous said...

Heheheh...if she doesn't have kids..forgive her la. She'll know once she has them!

It's nice for mums (even for a SAHM) to have her own ME-time... very nice. Glad u enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

I will never say being a full time mom is easy. Dun care if u have maid or not. It is haaaaard!

Anonymous said...

Ya we can never ever stop being a mom no matter how old our kids get.

Health Freak Mommy said...

In this picture, which one is you?

Helen said...

Mui mui face, looking after a child is hard. I've been through that and in the end, I went back to work.

Yeah, when I think back now, I do have my regrets about not staying home to look after my boy. lol

ryeli said...

well said! but i still salute you though as a SAHM! :D

anyway, no women deserve to comment on how motherhood should be until they become a mom themselves! and men, well, they don't deserve to say anything coz they didn't give birth to their babies! hehe....i'm gonna be cussed by men now.

moms tales said...

Sasha : Yeah lor, geramnya..:(

Mott : U r right. She not married and no kids.

Adrian : Luckily u sapot otherwise got alot of mommies here...:P

Firehorse : How true!!

HFM : The one leaning against the woman holding Ashley. heheh...btw, she's my mom.

Helen : Ya lor. Will have to revive my stripper job edi, :p

Ryeli : No don worry, all us mommies will be ready for those smart talkin men!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP