Saturday, December 28, 2013

Close of 2013

The year is coming to a close. Time truly flies. doesn't it? We had a wonderful Xmas despite not really celebrating it. The only reason why we even put a Xmas tree up is because of the kids. But, all in good spirit, hubby and I just went with it. We even had a Christmas dinner on the eve and forbade the kids from opening their pressies till Christmas morning hehhehe...Oh and Ash even made me make cookies for Santa. She wrote a note for Santa (I am too lazy to paste it here). So I had to make some, thanks largely to Betty Crocker (lazy mom alert!!). 

A friend wrote that 2014 will be a year dedicated to her kids and sick mom. That's awesome, wouldn't you agree? I, on the other hand, would like to dedicate 2014 to me and me alone. I figured I need to have that. I find that for the past 7 years, I have spent just with the kids. Even my conversations are about kids and all things related to kids. I was telling someone the other day that I actually prefer to hang out with working or semi working moms as opposed to SAHMs for some reason because I do find SAHMs a wee bit...exhausting and tiring, if you know what I mean. 

I am not entirely sure what I want to do next year. I turn 40 next year and I've mentioned that working might be an option since the girls will be older, thus alot more independent. Part-time work maybe? That was said casually a couple of years ago. I haven't broached the subject since. Now that the time is near and our plans have somewhat changed. So...I don't know. Maybe I'll just hang on a bit to this SAHM gig and see what happens in 2015.

In the meantime, I am sure to find something to do. I am resourceful after all and more importantly, I have resourceful friends whose mighty brains I can pick...heheheh :-D.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP