Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Olympics 2012

While the adults go crazy over the Olympics, the kids are...understandably, NOT. Ash would complain if we switch over to watch the Olympics. "It's not nice mommy", she would grumble. But, it's only once in 4 years!! By the next Olympics, Phelps would've developed arthritis and Federer in a wheelchair (or would it be Nadal? hehhe...OK, I am bad!).

This time, we get to watch most games at a decent hour. As long as the kids are asleep early, the tv is all ours for the rest of the night. There's nothing like sipping hot coffee with yummy pastry lying on the kids bean bags watching the guys perform ridiculous acrobatic moves off the 10m platform before plummeting into water. I don't know how they do it but they just did and will be doing for the next couple of days. 

Athletics have just begun. The M's and W's 100m are always my favourite ever since Flo Jo flashed her oh-so lovely smile and funky nails. I remembered my aunt used to tell me that US always had to have the most interesting of all "athletes' uniform". I don't know la. Maybe in those days, but no longer these days. Then again, have you seen Lleyton Hewitt and Sam Stosur with their green and yella'...still don't appeal much to me. What happened to Ian Thorpe? 

Anyway, still plenty of the Olympics left and shall keep me busy for the next couple of weeks. I can't leave now; I am hooked. They had me at Mr. Bean. :-).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP