Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chinese New Year 2012

How was your Chinese New Year celebration so far? As much as I looked forward to eating, I didn't eat as much as I wanted to. Blame it on old age, blame it on the moon and the stars above -- I don't know, just  didn't quite make the gastronomy scale this year. But, I did try.

New Year's eve for us has always been eating twice : once with my in-laws (think that's mandatory) and at my grandmother's house after. My MIL is usually very efficient with her cooking on NY's eve. Like for instance, this year, we had our 1st dinner at 5pm. Yep, we were shooed out of the house by 7pm. We even made a pitt-stop to COld Storage to get some drinks before heading out to my grandma's and still made it in time to have dinner with my uncles, aunts and cousins (read : before the food got completely wiped out). So, 2 dinners in one night has been quite the norm for us, even before kids.

Hubby and I had our 2nd dinner while the kids entertained themselves with whatever they could find and whoever they could con. So, yeah, it was indeed a much needed peaceful dinner for us (for me to be exact). So peaceful that I ended up having 2 helpings of my 2nd dinner. All in all, I had 4 helpings in total on CNY eve alone! I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move. So stuffed I was that my body ended up on my grandma's bed. Trust me, I was up to my throat with yummyness.

More of the "makan-makan" awaits as mom cooks up a storm and as usual, we all wait eagerly around the table for that!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP