Monday, December 13, 2010

Book Review : If I Could Keep You Little by Marianne Richmond

Before I became a mom, I would often hear my grandma telling me how wonderful children are and how we must treasure them with all our hearts. If she could have one wish, she'd wish for a trip back in time; to experience once more her kids' childhood.

"Sometimes, you'd wish that your kids will never grow up"..she'd tell me.

Naturally, at the time, I had no idea what she meant. Shamefully, I always thought when saying those words, it was just the "old-age" doing the talking. I mean, my grandmother is, after all, 95 years old.

But, you know, after having kids, after being a mom for a couple of years; experiencing someone's growing up years first hand...I understand now what my grandmother was trying to tell me all these while.

As a matter of fact, just a few weeks ago, I casually mentioned to hubby how much Ash has grown and how much I miss her baby days.

And I realize also that soon, when she develops her own interest and having made more of her own friends...I know I'll miss her even more. On the other hand, I know I'll be jumping for joy at the freedom I'll gain from her independence...hehhe..but still -- I'll miss her (if you know what I mean).

Having had all these mixed feelings inside...and I was sent a copy of this gorgeous and easy to read book by Marianne Richmond. It's a keeper this one. Every page speaks my inner thoughts about my kids, my fears for them, my joys of them and my wishes for them.

What this book does to you is that it will speak straight to your heart as a parent, exploring the powerful feeling that every parent has: the push/pull feeling of wanting your child to grow and savoring and holding on to every moment.

Truly a must-have treasure in your bookshelf.

____________

Note : Thanks to sourcebooks for this review opportunity!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP