Monday, November 1, 2010

one on one time..

I spent Friday alone with lil Em while Ash spent her day with her grandparents. I had some chores to do around the house in the morning so we stayed home. She had her nap early and hubby came home just in time for lunch. He brought me some yummy lunch, since I was too lazy to cook. Lil Em had her porridge as usual. But, since she was asleep during lunchtime, we had our lunch pretty much in peace.

By the time Lil Em woke up, the dishes were washed, load of laundry hung and some other cleaned laundry folded, cleaned the Fireplace doors. I even managed a short snooze. I fed her lunch and bathed her. Then, she watched her favorite Barney while I accompanied her. If you ask me, it was really boring because we've seen the CD's a thousand times but she wanted company and I thought why not? Since i hardly get to spend any quality time with her. Even if it's simply watching tv, I'll just do it. I was very tempted to surf the net with my lappie or hp but I didn't because knowing her, she will want to fiddle with my stuff so best not to bring my 'work' with me.

After that, she got bored with Barney and wanted something else. I took out Ash's crayons for her and she started doodling. After a few doodles, she got bored, so I brought her out. We went to the Curve (my usual quick and easy hang out place), walked around till she got fidgety and went home just in time for her dinner. Quickly fed her, washed up and then off to bed. I knew she was about to get really really tired, I put her down with her pacifier and her bolsters, turn the lights off left. She did cry a little but I just left her. Normally, if her cries persist for more than 10 mins, I'll check on her. But since it lasted for only a few seconds, I let her be. I checked on her about 30 mins later, she was already asleep. It was a good thing I put her down just in the nick of time; any later, she would've created a huge fuss.

It was a good day with lil Em. I did quite a bit despite her hanging around me. Of course, for the most part, she slept so that gave me some time. For the next 2 months, I will have more time for lil Em because the plan is to send Ash to my in laws at least twice a week. I think they will both be pleased with this arrangement..hehe..:-).

4 comments:

Ann said...

They will be pleased...as in Ash and Em? Or inlaws and mummy?

Or maybe they includes everyone....win win situation! :)

GOod day indeed with little Em. Love their nicknames.

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

That's nice. I love my 1-on-1 time with whichever child. It feels so precious because it is so rare (unfortunately!!)
P/S: were you out on Sunday at around 4pm? popped by and didn't see your car in the porch so didn't ring doorbell. Wanted to pass some cakes to you :)

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

That's nice. I love my 1-on-1 time with whichever child. It feels so precious because it is so rare (unfortunately!!)
P/S: were you out on Sunday at around 4pm? popped by and didn't see your car in the porch so didn't ring doorbell. Wanted to pass some cakes to you :)

mom2ashleyaidan said...

i love my 1on1 time with any of my kids too. Unfortunately, it's hard to come by. They are so different without the other one around. Almost like angels!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP