Monday, December 7, 2009

It's December

My favourite time of the year. When I was a kid, I used to imagine we'd have snow during Christmas and that there was a fire place at my house where we'd sit and watch Disney movies. Of course, we had nothing of that sort because firstly, it never snows here. If it did, I'm telling you, it will be a MIRACLE!! heheh...Secondly, there is no need for a fire place : it doesn't dip below 80. And finally, we had no VCR (in those days naturally and yes, quite rightly, I am an old hag!) at home. I'm serious! My dad refused to get one. So, no Disney movies unless they were shown on regular tv.

I have done some of my shopping. This Christmas will be a teenzy weenzy different from last. My aunt's moved to her new place and we will be celebrating Christmas over at her place. It's kind of like a house-warming/Christmas celebration thingy. But, I've still got quite a fair bit to be done if you ask me. Oh and my shopping are done online and off. Thank God for web directories! This online thing is really addictive. I bet my hubby's glad that Christmas is a once-a-year affair..hehehe...ok, back to more surfing...catch ya later!

2 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Shireen, a friend of ours just migrated here 4 months ago. Her 2 young kids never seen snow, and only today they got so excited when we had our first snowfall....more coming tomorrow.
They had bought their anoraks, snow boots and waiting to try them out.
Our temp now is -4'c.

You have a lovely daughter. I can guess where she got her good looks from, *wink*.
You have a nice day and keep a song in your heart, best regards, Lee.

moms tales said...

HI Uncle Lee, thanks for dropping by. Wow, the kids must be really excited. I know how excited I was when I first and played in it. Sure was fun and I'll do it again and again and again...hehehe...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP