Sunday, June 7, 2009

The sweetest smile

I woke up this morning, feeling a little better than I had the past few days. I thought the day could not get any better and just then, I saw the sweetest smile as I called her name. All of a sudden everything made sense.

Since last Friday, things have improved slightly. I did cut my hair for one thing. It was nice to be out and do things like a 'normal' person even if it was only for an hour. I got that privilege because Hubby was so kind to take leave from work to help me out on that day since my confinement lady completed her month's work.

Plus, just yesterday, we left Emily with my mom and hubby took Ash, his sis, parents and of course, the grumpy ol' me to Bukit Tinggi for some urm..hillside retreat for the day. Even though it was a huge mistake (there were just too many people) but it did me some good. I was expected the cool air but it was so hot. It was so hot that my SIL bought herself a funky looking hat heheh...Then again, she would've bought anything including and especially discount chandeliers (if she could get her hands on them). Anyway, the trip was sort of like the final getaway for SIL before she leaves for home today.

To top it all off, hubby took care of Emily for the most part of last night while I accompanied Ash to bed. He woke me up around 4 to "take over". It was the first night in that one month since I actually had interrupted sleep for that couple of hours. Even if it's not quite enough - I do wish for more but it's definitely more than I could ask for.

I really must commend hubby for his effort. I know he's also worn out. Driving around and having to help out at home, can be extremely exhausting. I know he's doing his best to help me. Sometimes...rather, most of the time, I wish I didn't have this silly thing they call pnd. Really, sucks the life out of any woman.

I am hoping that we'd have some form of routine back in our lives. Especially now that I'm done "doing the month" and my SIL having gone home. It has been absolutely chaos for the past couple of weeks. I am hoping also that at least with some order, I will not feel so terrible.

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

I'm glad to read that you did get to visit the hair salon. I'm sure the one hour did you good and you're a 'new' person. Take it easy. I'm sure Emily and Ashley are giving you many smiles to brighten your day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP