Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Things I thought I'd never see again


The candlelight holders that you see above are one of the many wedding gifts that my best friend sent to me from NZ many years ago. Aren't they lovely?

However, I have a guilty admission to declare here - I left them behind!

It's not that I don't appreciate gifts - I DO! It's just...see, I lived with my in-laws for the first few years of being married while waiting for our new house to be built. Naturally, when you've lived in a place for over 4 years, you tend to accumulate stuff. I did. And when we moved out eventually, I left some of them behind -- embarrassingly, these stuffs are still there.

During the past month at my in-laws, I un-earthed many of my treasures that I didn't remember having but as soon as I saw them, I knew they were mine. Pretty silly huh! But, let the truth be known - I'm growing old and because of my failing memory, I honestly didn't know I had them in the first place. Can I plead amnesia as a defence? :-)

To help de-clutter my in-laws place (how did she put up with my things?), I'm taking some home with me this time. Something I should've done a long long time ago.

A close-up shot of what's in them. Trinkets from a traveling friend of mine. I should really keep them close to me. Really...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh yes, they are lovely and i like the trinkets too :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP