Thursday, December 25, 2008

A day with family

Ash's Christmas present from her maternal grand-parents

Hey guys, how has your Christmas been?

Ours was slightly different, without the unnecessary hullabaloo; kinda how I'd personally prefer to spend the day. It's not that the joyful laughter and chatter, the christmas cheer aren't important - they are. They are every bit of what makes a festivity come alive. But, at the same time, I feel it's equally important to appreciate the peacefulness and just to take some time-out to enjoy the quiet.

We had such calmness at home (save for Ash's Barney blaring from the tv screen) early in the morning. But Christmas sort of came alive when we began our online chat with hubby's family from Australia.

They outnumbered us in so many ways – especially the amount of food they had on the table! Made mine looked bleak. I could really feel the celebration emanating from my laptop screen. Everyone took turns looking and chatting with us. Ash was particularly intrigued although this isn't the first time we have spoken to them electronically. Everyone shared stories and virtual champagne. Urm, well, actually, theirs was real while mine was virtual heheh...

Apart from that, in the afternoon, we hopped over to my aunt's place for a short Christmas visit and gave her her present. I thought I'd never make it but I am glad I did. We hung around for a bit and then, headed back home for dinner.

And once again, as I am typing this up, all's quiet with Ash sleeping and hubby dozing off on the couch right in front of me. You know, it was a pretty great way to spend the holidays - a day with family...

p.s : I would have loved to have received one of those popcorn machines as well..:-D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP