Thursday, May 8, 2008

My eye experience

If I am going to put this off any longer, I will not be blogging about it. It has only been a couple of days but I already feel that it has been ages since I've kept up with my bloggy friends' blogs. Plus, I owe a couple of people memes..opps, sorry, shall get it done ASAP. Thanks so much for thinking of me :-)

Last weekend was unusually busy for a low profile family like us. Normally, we would go everywhere together but was quite an exception last weekend as Ash and hubby had to scoot off by themselves. The invites just clashed and we didn't want to disappoint either. All in all, I'd have to say hubby did a fine job. Now, I will have to take the challenge up a notch by going away for a couple of days.*wicked smile*

A friend of mine had this wacky idea of visiting one of our country's latest tourist attraction (courtesy of Visit Malaysia last year). A 60 meter tall portable ferris wheel called “The Eye” located at a city park.



Scenes you'd expect at a park, such as :


couples sitting close by, chatting softly to each other. I had the urge to go up to them and whisper “wait la, until you are married!”...lol...OK, no more lame jokes.


couples taking their wedding pictures.

But I never expected this :


traffic lights out of no where. I just had to snap a photo of it.


We took a break from all the walking and taking photos of people and sipped coffee at...where else but the :


Initially, I had reservations about going on the ride. Actually, I thought we were there to have our pictures taken and that was it. I didn't know I'd be going on one of them. Which, incidentally, we did when our friend arrived and it was one of the longest 20 minutes of my life. No really, walking up towards the payment booth and stepping into one of the 42 gondolas, wouldn't have prepared you for the 'after-math'. We suddenly froze. Hands and feet couldn't move. Breathing was ok but the mind was constantly playing tricks. I had to keep myself busy between playing with my phone and taking some pictures and trying not to look down. Let me tell you, although its an enclosed ride, the feeling is still the same – scared the bollocks out of me!

All in all, we had a good time. We were so glad when we finally, FINALLY got off from the ride and kissed the guard on our way out (the last bit was a joke but you know, if he was Ashton Kutcher, I might even consider it...lol). We then went off to KLCC for a very late dinner.


MBL and I

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehhhe...the bride in wedding togs looked like she wanna escape from the groom!

My fav is the dig scrapbook!

Mom's The Cook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mommy to Chumsy said...

Hey, great outing. I've not been to the Eye before :( Me afraid of heights...heheehe. BTW, you know how to scrap too? Lovely :D

Tina said...

Sounds like you had a great time.

Yes still waiting on those memes tut tut lol :)

Blogging takes up loads of time dosent it!

sting said...

hehe.. that's a day well spent :-)

Mom Knows Everything said...

You went on that? I would be way too scared to.

Helen said...

I wanted to ride on that ferris wheel but did not get the chance. I really want to go up there!!

hey, if it's those K drama, the guy will take out the ring when they reach the highest point and proposed.

Sigh, married liao so this won't happen to us, hor?

Anonymous said...

LOL at Helen.

Is that really a wedding couple?? What the hell was the girl wearing? :P

IMMomsDaughter said...

Dropping by to wish you a Happy Advance Mother's Day :)

Chinneeq said...

when i see pat tor couple like that, i also wanna laugh out loud...have the same thinking as u too!

JK said...

Nice view and looks like it's a nice place for a date too, or is it too crowded for one??!!

Happy mother's day.

moms tales said...

MBL : lol...yes, didn't think of that! Hmm..not a good sign, is it? O_o

Barb : hey, you should go cos they are moving that giant wheel to Malacca soon...so I heard la..

Tina : hi, how have you been? gosh, so true. I am always behind on memes and blogging does take up loads! Thanks for thinking of me though..*hugs*

Sting : and tiring too..old edi..sigh

moms tales said...

Tammy : I can't believe I did either! But I don't think there will be a second time from me, nope, not happening! lol

Helen : Can la. Just renew your wows there lor...lol

Adrian : Dunno wor...Didn't dare to stand so close and ask her la. Sked kena slapped for taking pictures O_O

Imm : Thanks dearie! Hope you're havin a fabulous Mother's Day weekend too!

Mummy to QiQi : yeah la, so geli summore. But then hor, when pak thor-ing that time, won't think like that la, will think so romantic..lol

Jo-N : crowded, yes but then, there are also secluded spots around the park...lol. Hey, Hope you're havin a wonderful Mother's Day weekend too! :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP