Thursday, May 15, 2008

American Idol is RIGGED!


Come of it! I thought last night's penultimate show was less than impressive for the occasion. In fact, it was quite a disappointment. The last 3 standing definitely performed a lot better in past performances. I'd give them some credit though - they got rid of Jason Castro who was beginning to look like he needed drug rehab or something with his 'stoned' face every time. The results showed that its no longer a talent contest but a popularity contest and the judges were no help either. What happened to you, Cowell? Gone tone deaf?

Seriously, no disrespect to the Davids but seriously, I think there is a serious need for a re-match. Whilst I agree that Syesha's performance was somewhat below par but her perfomance of “Fever” was a little sexy and not as “cabaret” as Simon puts it. What's worst was David Cook's horrible rendition of one of my all time favourites, Dare You to Move by Switchfoot got better comments from the Judges. I mean, what gives? OK, we can all forget about what Paula thinks alright. She's just so totally “irrelevant” and leaves me wonder why they bother keeping her after ALL.THESE.YEARS!!

And, seriously, Utah's David Archuleta, that SYT. You know, I like him. Honestly I do but his sweetness is getting to me. Seriously, it is. And that perpetual smile on his face. Reminds me of the Joker from Batman Returns..lol..except of course, David isn't evil nor is he crazy or just got out of drug rehab. Still? He is so boring when he sings. He doesn't move and he is short. Definitely not got the whole package. Then again, I guess he is tall enough for most 12 year old screaming girls so it kind of explains why he is still in the competition and in the finals.

Foe me, the choice is pretty obvious. I'd go for the un-pretty one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP