Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our mini break

I won't even call it a vacation, more like a sleep-over..Lol...Why? Frankly I am glad it was a short (very short) stay cos we would've packed our bags and headed home after one night anyway.

Taking the cue from the public holiday on Thursday, May 1st, I thought it was time we tried going away with Ashley for a change and “going away” means other than to grandma's place. Not knowing what to expect, we just went with the flow, trying not to put pressure on ourselves. Basically, embarrassingly unprepared la. So, as expected, we didn't fare too well. I think the most, I'd give us a 7/10. I'll tell you why in a bit.

We booked ourselves into Shangri-La Putrajaya on Sunday for a night's stay. The reason for such an odd place as compared to say, somewhere further or right smack in the city where all the excitement is, was because, firstly, we didn't want to be around any hustle and bustle of city life but yet near enough just in case (only 45 minutes from where we live..hehehe).

View from the room


Ash and Daddy


It was a really nice place to relax cos the hotel wasn't packed to the brim like most. Quiet and peaceful, our room overlooked the federal city. We also met a very friendly elderly Mauritian couple from England who were here in Malaysia as part of their South East Asian holiday tour. I guess I will always remember them for being the ONLY stranger we've met to have guessed correctly that Ash is a girl..lol...I told them “make no mistake...even in a skirt, Ashley gets mistaken for a boy O_o”..:-D


The royal highness!


Dinner was good and pretty much fuss free. Ashley entertained herself once again by taking everything in sight and throwing her food on the ground. As long as she is seated, it was good enough for us..heheheh...So far so good? Bedtime. We thought we'd have trouble but surprisingly Ashley slept well. Was in bed by 9.30pm. That gave us plenty of time...PLENTY OF TIME!! But unfortunately, we were tired and went to bed too shortly after she slept BUT we couldn't get a decent shut eye.

You see, we made the biggest mistake of not bringing along her portable play-pan cum cot thinking that “no sweat, plenty of room, made sure I asked for a King's size summore”. Instead, she slept between Hubby and I on the bed and since we aren't used to have her sleeping with us, we were afraid we might turn and squash her! We ended up not having a very good night's sleep. Hubby even resorted to putting those huge pillows between her and him resulting in him sleeping on the very edge of the bed. One false move and he would be on the floor! As for me, although I didn't put the pillows as a “fence” but I slept very close to the edge too. So close that my right hand was literally dangling from the bed! There wasn't enough space and I slept in the same position the entire night. I wasn't the only one either.

The next morning, we got up, still groggy and all, went for breakfast. After breakfast, we went out for a short walk around. Tried guiding Ashley to walk on the soft grass but she was more interested in touching and feeling the grass instead.


I'm actually sleepy..


Carry me, PLEASSSSSEEEEEEEEE!!!


Daddy dun wan to carry me oh

We hung around for about 20 minutes, giving the place one last check (to see if we missed any corners heheh..) before we went back up to our room to shower, pack, and head back home. I guess, rule of thumb – always bring more, don't bring less...sigh




8 comments:

JK said...

Your rule of thumb is always my problem and hubby always complains about me packing too much. Well, glad that you got away for a short break although you didn't sleep well.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh....that's such a nice getaway. i wanna do that too!!!!!! is this hotel the one at the airport?

p/s: why slept so early leh ;)

Sandra Carvalho said...

Hi
I just wanna say that I loved your blog.It's quite cute, and so is your baby girl!
I'm a stay at home mom as well(of 3 boys which are 11 years old,9 years old and 30 months old).
You're welcome to pass by my blog and have a look around (it's in portuguese but I'm re-editing it now so that my posts are both in english and portuguese in consideration for all foreign blog moms).

Anonymous said...

The royal highness struck a royal pose in her cutesy diapey! Ash looks pretty in her skirt. Btw, momsie still looks good in sleepy mode..:P

Anonymous said...

any activities for kids to do there?

Mom Knows Everything said...

I never get a good sleep when our toddler sleeps with us either.

moms tales said...

Jo-N : Thanks. I think we don't have much choice, better safe than sorry. Now I know...O_o

Barb : sigh - the aunt was here...hehhe...nope, this hotel is at Putrajaya itself. I think the one at the airport is PanPacific..

Sandra : Hi, thanks for dropping by and your kind words. Alright, will check out your blog soon!

MBL : hhehe...shucks! Thanks. The pic was taken very far away ler, thats why...O_o

Wen : hmm..now that you mentioned. I didn't really check it out but I do know one thing, there are plenty of activities for adults...lol

Tammy : I KNOW! Never doin' that ever again.

Anonymous said...

i actually thot putrajaya was a great getaway..not too far, but far enuff from all the hustle n bustle!

i know wot u mean abt the sleeping arrangements..I had 2 monkeys sandwiched between hub n me bfore!

but..next time, sleep another way...put ash next to the headboard...then u in the middle and hub at the foot of bed (that means, rotate 90c)...that way, it's easier to sleep without squishing the royal highness! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP