Sunday, April 13, 2008

It stinks, Daddy!

Too bad, no picture for this. Even I have no clue, only using my imagination. The only person who saw it and will probably have the image etched in his brains for at least a few days is none other than Mr. Daddy *jealous pout*. So yes, he related the entire episode to me *pouts again*

What happened was, the hubby was going round the house spraying mozzie spray, trying to get rid or deter them mozzies. Ash was bitten quite abit on the legs, hands, feet and everywhere lately. Our place is fogged once (sometimes, twice) a week and I have 3 electric mozzie zappers and they are still buzzing annoyingly around. I think I need mozzie netting for all my windows and doors but I don't really fancy it cos it makes the inside real stuffy when its hot out.

Anyway, hubby went and sprayed the entire insides and outside of our house with mozzie spray yesterday evening. He was out on the master bedroom balcony spraying the corners and all. Ash was inside the room in her cot, standing and looking at her Daddy. My hubby was outside spraying and she started to cough...that tiny sound..”ughh ughh ughh”..Hubby turned around and saw her looking at him. After that, he continued spraying. A few seconds later he turned around again and found her holding her blankie to her face, covering her mouth and nose! LOL...It's a pity I can only imagine how she must've looked like and yeah, he didn't have his camera with him. You know, I really hate it when I miss expressions like these cos I know, I'll never get it back..sigh..

OK, back to the mozzie thing. I am thinking of getting those mozzie repellent cream for Ash. Do you think its advisable for me to use it on her at this age ? I am just afraid of her touching her legs or hands and then putting her fingers into her mouth (she's still putting everything into her mouth and biting them). Thanks...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think those repellent doesn't work. U can try the patch (sold in pharmacies). It's blue in colour.

But, I think u should put nettings for your windows. It's not that hot. really!

JK said...

I am using a repellent too but I think the nettings would be better.

As for the cream, I bought papaw ointment for my kids. When my children were younger, I would only apply the cream on covered areas. The disposed areas were normally left alone without any cream.

Anonymous said...

nice theme!!

Mom Knows Everything said...

I think you should get some screens for the windows and doors. If it gets stuffy inside get some fans.

Helen said...

Yeah, I agree with those peeps who commented before me. Better get those netting. You should get one for yourself too... poster bed and netting damn romantic! lol

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh i hate those damn mozzies. Ashley has been bitten so many times now and she has scars all over her 2 legs. I get so paranoid that I use the Moz Away spray on her clothes. Sometimes I use the repellent stick and apply them on her legs and hands. Planning to get those screens too :)

Anonymous said...

hey, netting the room window n door help a lot. Just need to chk one round before kids enter room before bedtime.

moms tales said...

Mott : Haih...I bought edi worr..alright, shall take your advice, sifu..:-)

Jo-N : Thanks. Yes, I think I will need to cover up all windows and doors..err, grills. Where can I get this Papaw Ointment?

Wen : Hi there! Thanks for visiting and for the compliment! :-)

Tammy : Opps...is that what they are called? Screens. But I am planning to get those DIY irremovable type. OK, will have a look. Thanks

Helen : Haih...what makes u think I don't already have leh?? :-P

Barb : I just bought the Moz Away too and applied. Not sure cos the old marks are still visible. Too many, I can't tell the fresh from the old...:-(...Not gonna get the screens but more of the DIY cheaper version..LOL..

Jesslyn : Hi there! Thanks for visiting and yep, good advice! Will do that! Can't be lazy. Have to make sure the room is clear from now on.

IMMomsDaughter said...

Same problem at my place but rather than using the repellant, we have the windows built with mosquito nettings. So, for me that's the best choice.

moms tales said...

Imm : I think you may be right! So far, I don't see much improvement :-(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP