Thursday, December 13, 2007

When a baby is born, so is the mother


Ha! I stole the line from a magazine I bought yesterday. I can’t help but to say “How apt”. Everyday its something new. Old habits, routines and developments changes quickly to new ones even though I’ve barely had time to adjust to them.

Just recently, she has been displaying imminent signs of teething woes or what I think are her teething woes cos I have been wrong the last time. She is definitely a lot more irritable. At one stage when she started to poo several times a day, I thought she had food poisoning or diarrhoea. Then, her sleep pattern started to change dramatically. For example, she would fall asleep in the car on the way home from my in laws and when we put her down to bed, she would sleep right through. Not these days however. She would wake up after about 20 minutes after we put her to bed and would not fall asleep till very late at night. Just the other day, we fed her at 12 midnight and she didn’t go back to sleep till bout 4 a.m *faints* . Resulting from all this, my poor baby has developed eye bags very similar to mine. Well, at least I can now safely say that we have something in common :-P

Apart from all that, she is still the cheeky and funny baby who never fails to light up anyone’s day with her smile (or her groan) in the morning. I still see no signs of her teeth though. I am playing a guessing game as to whether it will show up at the top or bottom. I have been checking everyday. OMG, I find the thought of my baby’s teeth sprouting a joy!!! *slaps forhead*

P.S : She's looking like her dad every single day.

4 comments:

Kellan said...

Teething can be hard on any baby. And then, they go through several years of losing all of them again - that is the stage I am now in - that's fun too. Tylenol really helps if she's hurting - that always worked good for my kids. She is a cutie - and real doll. Take care and see you soon. Kellan

Deana E said...

oh..i think it's true la..i will be born to motherhood next 2-3 months..hmm i really dunno what to expect

http://mychildrenjournal.com

Audrey said...

Aiyo, my toddler sleeps at 1am every night now. Sometimes, I have fallen asleep on the couch but he is still jumping around like a monkey! So, I have eye bags but he doesn't have any. How unfair!

Anonymous said...

U can actually feel it by rubbing ur fingers thru her gums...it also helps alleviate the 'itchiness'???

ha ha ha..welcome to sleepless nights! if i were a baby..i'd just love to sleep....but i'm not..sigh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP