Sunday, December 30, 2007

Ireland


Funny I should be talking about this. It has been a long time since I've seen my course-mate. She studied in Belfast, Ireland. At the time, I think she was the ONLY one who studied and graduated from there. I used to tease her for putting on her fake Irish accent. It was truly hilarious coming from a yellow-faced Chinese woman. To be fair, it was pretty good I must say.

I have absolutely no idea what happened to her. She just disappeared from my life. Probably got too much of my teasing. She might have gone back to Ireland. I think, if I were to visit her in Ireland, I'd better check into one of those Ireland Hotels or one of those Belfast Hotels.

I am sure there are more to Ireland than the bombings that we have heard so much about. I mean, Dublin being the capital city, is renowned for its vibrancy, nightlife tourist attractions and plenty of Dublin Hotels. It's the most popular entry point for international visitors to Ireland.

In 2005, Cork was named the European Capital of Culture for 2005 for its thriving cultural scene. Several festivals are held annually in the city such as the Midsummer Festival which is a month long festival featuring theatre, music, art, poetry and much more in mid June - mid July. In October, there is the Film Festival and one of the largest Jazz festivals in Europe. If you intend to visit Cork during the peak season, make sure you look around for some Cork Hotels early and make your reservations in advance to avoid any disappoinment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP