Thursday, December 27, 2007

Father and Daughter


I haven't given the hubs much credit from the time when Ashley was born till now. He has been extremely supportive despite his heavy workload and schedule. Since we don't have a full-time maid, he takes on some "maid" duties on the days the hourly maids don't show up.

He is very patient, accommodating and sincerely loves children. Its nobody's guess that Ashley is very attached to her father. He spends as much time as he can with her all the time. She will jump (literally, in my arms) for joy whenever I carry her to the door to greet her father each evening when he comes home. At night, it is he who feeds and puts her to bed. In the mornings, she sends him off to work looking a tad bit sad. Since a few days ago, she learned how to wave "good bye" with her right hand. So today, she waved to her daddy as he drove off to work and her eyes never left the car until it was completely out of sight.

I am lucky, yes and I am thankful that her dad enjoys his fatherhood, enjoys being a "hands-on" daddy because its a feeling that is so indescribable unless you experience it yourself. I am glad he chose to and wants to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to love letting my daughter hold my finger like dat. It's a great feeling.

U r a lucky woman to have such a husband.

Will u get jealous in the future when Ashley is more attached to daddy than to mommy?

moms tales said...

Kekek..she already is more attached to her Daddy. At the moment I don't feel jealous but the truth is, i don't know if later i will be or not. I just hope I won't though.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

that's a lovely photo :D You are really lucky to have a hands-on hubby. Must be all those papaya prayers you have been reciting...hehehehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP