Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Babies


Many months back, I spoke with my hubby about the number of kids we want to have. Now, wanting and actually having is another. Unless you use the artificial way or adoption. But for the sake of conversation and us being super fertile, I told my hubby that for me, ideally, I am happy with one. I know that is being very cruel so I can settle for 2, the max. I mean, lets face it, I am not 18 or 25. I am way past the big 3 0 (celebrated my birthday edi mah remember?)

You know what my hubby said "I want 3!!". Like as if there is no work involved. On my part that is. I was like "What?" "Are you crazy?". Do I want to go through 9 months of pregnancy 3 times? Do I want to go through that horrendous labour 3 times? Do I want to go through that horror of horrors confinement, 3 TIMES???

That conversation was put on hold for a while. Briefly, it was decided on 3. I didn't want to argue cos I thought he might change his mind after experiencing taking care of a child. So, just a few days ago, I asked him again "So now, how many kids do you want?" His reply was "Still same, 3" *pengsan*

9 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

Haha, join the club. I had always wanted 2 kids too but hubby insisted on 3 or maybe more!! Pensan or not? I know it will be tough for me to cope with 3 kids soon but since hubs wanted a 3rd bb badly, gotta give in lor, what to do.... else he'll find a concubine to bear him one LOL!

Mom Knows Everything said...

I have 2 kids, a girl 13 and a boy 2. I would love to have another one if I was 10 years younger and a lot richer. LOL!

Chinneeq said...

u knw what, I always love to have 4. best 2 boys and 2 gals. But age is picking up so soon and not financially.I wonder I still have time for 4 :(

kerry said...

KW and I always wanted a big family. We wanted 4 kids before I turned 35.
Now, with only 2 girls, I'm already strugling, emotionally & physically. I doubt if i would want another baby in the near future. :)

Audrey said...

Hey, my husband also wants 3 kids. I told him I'm no baby-producing factory so, 3 is out of the question. Maybe 2, but then I'm still very reluctant.

Anonymous said...

3 is just ngam ngam for city folk !
Kampung people got 6 le.. hehe

JK said...

Haha. I have 3 and my husband wants 4. I lagi pengsan! Funny why men like to have babies.

Helen said...

Play by the ear.

No need to set a goal number, just see how it goes lar.. lol

moms tales said...

HFM : Yeah, better give in..:-)

Tammy : So spot on, girl!!

Mum2QiQi : Leave it up to God, thats the only thing you can do *hugzz*..:-)

Kerry : I understand completely.

Tot's Mom : Guess our hubby's are just one of a kind :-)

Cheerfulday : Thanks for dropping by. So true, so true. City folk prefer small families.

Jo-N : wow, your hubby is very ambitious..but good oso, big family is merrier one...

Helen : cannot ar, mou tak kheng. 3 means 3...*pengsan*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP