Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Look what I found

I don’t know why but this morning when I woke up, I craved for a sardine sandwich. No, it’s not a pregnancy craving, just felt like having one since it has been quite a while. Besides, I remembered my MIL passing me a small tin of sardines some days ago.

So, downstairs I went and found my tin nicely tucked away in my little cupboard full of other canned food (I know, I am so not healthy. I vow to change). Ha! What luck!! Ok, I shall make my sardine sandwich later for lunch.

Seeing as how my culinary skills are nothing to shout about, I decided not to take and post any pictures of my step-by-step making of the sandwich. However, I will tell you (briefly else you might be bored to tears) how I prepare “my version” of a sardine sandwich though.

I will normally cut up some onions and some red chillis. Drop a tiny bit of oil onto the frying-pan, fry the onions and chillis for a wee bit. Then, in goes the sardines. Mix it all up and voila!! My sardines are done. Slap some butter on your bread, scoop some of the hot yummy blob onto your buttered bread and you’re ready to go.

Before I started frying, I sort of had a hunch I had run out of red chillis but I knew somewhere in my fridge, I had some chili padi lurking around. It works as well, only spicier. I rummaged through my fridge. Couldn’t find it. I searched high and low, still nothing. In the midst of all the searching, I realized at that moment, what a clutter my fridge was and still is. You know how at the inside of the fridge’s door, there are 2 small trays at the top and one big one at the bottom? Well, this is what I found splattered on the second-top tray…






Get a load of that!! I didn’t realize how many tomato and chili sauce packets we accumulated over the past year or so since we moved into our own place. See, my hubby is not the type who likes to throw stuff like these away. He will say “Still can eat mah, no need to buy chili or tomato sauce”. The thing is, we hardly ever use chili or tomato sauce so that is why la. I think I can sell them back to McD, KFC or Burger King, wouldn't you agree?

Ok, back to my chili padi. I finally found them. Have a look.







I am not sure if it is clear enough but if you look REAL close its all shrivelled up. Why? I found it under the pile of chili and tomato sauce packets.

Sigh…its high time I start cleaning the fridge to see what else is underneath what.

2 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

i also have tons of those packet sauce. Becareful cos they expire very fast. I just threw some away last week. We ordered way too much McD and KFC ;D

moms tales said...

Oh yeah, after I left the pile on the table, my hubby went through them and threw half away cos they expired...hehehe...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP