Tuesday, September 11, 2007

New Look

We took Ashley for a haircut 2 weeks ago. I know, what haircut? She barely has any hair on her tiny head. True but she sweats a lot so we thought it best to shave her head *gasp*

I can’t remember when I had my first haircut or what it felt like. What I do remember though, was every time my mom “tried” to cut my hair (yeah, my mom cut my hair when I was little, no hairdresser), I would run around the house screaming and yelling, refusing to let the scissors come within 2 inches from me. I would climb up and down the bed, sofa, if I had been any taller (and faster) I would’ve opened the gate and run away from the house. I hate having my hair cut when I was little. It was utter torture for me.

We went into the salon, sat Ashley down on hubby’s lap. My hairdresser, Ah Teng was kind enough to attend to us straightaway. She placed a towel around Ashley’s neck. Should’ve taken some pictures but I was busy helping Ah Teng by holding Ashley’s head steady while she ran the razor over her head. Was such a pitiful sight as Ashley went from head almost full of hair to really short crew cut (we decided not to go Yul Brynner on her, poor thing).

So while Ah Teng was doing her stuff, then came 2 little kids. Curious and excited little kids. They were about 6 and 2 I think. The 2 year old was simply fascinated with Ashley, touching her hands, feet, face. Ashley didn’t seem to mind at all. Then suddenly!! Piak!!! Right there on Ashley’s face!!! The 2 year old smacked my baby’s face thankfully missing her eyes. WTF??? Immediately I turned into a lioness, roaring at that lil monster, pounced and tore that mongrel into pieces with my claws and ate her alive. Nobody smacks my baby and get away with it, you twirt.

Ok that was slightly exaggerated. I didn’t roar neither did I tear anyone apart with my finely manicured nails. I gently pulled the lil one away and glared at the mother sitting down just 1 feet away seemingly amused by the entire fiasco.

Then, Piak!! Again, Ashley’s face got smacked into. I swear, this time there shall be no mercy as my fangs were in full view. Not at the lil girl but at the mother! *rolls eyes*. She was there again, sitting pretty, not even moving an inch while her daughter goes on a rampage, abusing little babies. Even Ah Teng got a little worked up and screamed “Diana!! Stop it!! Go away!!”.

I sensed that the lil girl will not stop, I scooped her up and spoke with her gently not to smack Ashley. She was ok after that and damn, she’s heavy. What on earth does the mother feed her? She weighs a ton.

Ah Teng quickly wrapped things up, brush the remnants of hair off from Ashley’s neck area and shirt. My hubby got up and handed her to me while he grabbed Ashley change of clothes. As for Ashley, well, she sat still most of the time. Probably thought that lil girl was playing with her even though she got 2 slaps on her face. Surprisingly, Ashley didn’t wince or cry during the haircut and the unpleasant encounter.

MIL was pleased that we finally gave Ashley her haircut. I only managed to take the before and after shot.


"Before" Shot :




"After" Shot :

3 comments:

Helen said...

Sob sob, I know a mother got to do what a mother got to do... but is it necessary to cut Ashley's hair? Dun lar... Ashley girl girl mar... :-P

Hey, why you didn't have a word with that bitch?? I hate those mothers who dun know how to teach their children. How can she just do nothing? I read also dulan liao...

If I'm the mother, I'll be so frightened my girl will hurt somebody's baby. And the dumb bitch can just sit there amused. Piak the mother...

Mumsgather said...

I cut my 2 feller's hair wor. Saves time. Haha. My 5 year old girl loves having hair cuts. Her 3 year old brother needs a little more persuasion. Haha.

moms tales said...

Helen : Yeah, so sayang the hair..:( Aiyah, that mother ah, I also wanted to "piak" her alrady but dunno, I decided not to bother with "such" people...sigh..

Mumsgather : Wah, you so keang. I dare not la..But true, save time and hassle. Lucky ur girl is ok so u only have to worry abt ur boy..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP