Thursday, August 2, 2007

News

Yup, this would be the first of my take on current world and local news. I'm sure you would have all read or seen on the tv about the recent killings of 2 South Koreans held captive in central Afghanistan. The latest victim was a 29 year old former IT worker, Shim Sung-Min.

Since this is not a political or current affairs blog, I will talk about the family aspect of it. I was watching Star News Asia on Ch 70, it was a heart wrenching scene seeing the mother to Sung-Min wailing as she learned out about the death of her son on television.

I won't even attempt to express how I would feel in the same situation cos honestly, I don't know and unless you have personally gone through the same thing or similar, I don't think anyone does. I can only imagine what it must have been for Sung-Min's parents when they first found out about the capture. Sleepless nights, endless praying, worrying, hoping against hope that he would be released unharmed. Only to find out, in the same manner later, how a body was uncovered believed to be Sung-Min's and subsequently confirmed that it was. You have raised a child and proud of the fact that he has done good in his life and for such bravery. Even though you can believe the idea of it being "God's will" or some would say "its fate" but deep inside, you can never truly accept it. It's human nature.

I feel sorry and terrible for Sung-Min's family only in a way that a 3rd party observer can for the tragic loss of a son, a brother in such tragic circumstances. I pray and hope that there will be no more blood shed and the other hostages will be released alive.

1 comment:

MT said...

Yeah....sad news indeed for the families who have lost loved ones bt the victims will always be rmebered for their humanitarian work in Afghan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP