Sunday, August 26, 2007

Midnight E-Talk Show

Hi, you're tuned to 97.9654 www.shireenloh.blogspot.com-FM and welcome to the first edition of Midnight E-Talk Show with Momsie. Today's weather, warm and sunny with a high of 89 and low of 79. Absolutely a fine day with no rain or threats of rain whatsoever which made drying Ashley's clothes much faster and easier cos the Momsie didn't do Ashley's laundry since Friday (the grandparents [on both sides] are not privy to this blog so all of y'all shhhssshh about my laziness ok!? No one breathes a word!).

Ok now, we're back! Oppss...sorry, according to the time-table here, I must play you a song. So, here goes - Start : Mary had a little Lamb.

Momsie takes a break to make milo.

Stop : Mary had a little Lamb.

Ok, now we are REALLY back! Let me begin by telling you that today we celebrated Chinese Halloween. Before you go "how wonderful?" let me explain that this is not your ordinary Halloween celebration. I did not dress Ashley up in a bunny suit and went trick or treating for candies and chocs.

According to the Chinese Taoist belief, today we offer prayers and food to the wandering souls from the "other world" to bless, keep us safe and not to "ka-ka cau-cau" (disturb) our families. So that, my MIL did for us this evening. She came over with a bag of goodies. Joss-sticks to pray and some paper money for burning. It was a fairly simple ceremony. Actually, it was hardly a ceremony, just simple prayers and offerings in front of our house.

Lets take a break with another song. An all time classic and a favourite among young children including Ashley. This is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by...err...ok, lets listen to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Start : Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Momsie goes to take a leak.

Stop : Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Thank you for still tuning in to 97.9654 www.shireenloh.blogspot.com-FM. Today for the first Sunday in weeks, we went over to my parents' house for lunch and some family bonding time. You know, before I had Ashley, whenever I'm back at my parents', my mom would dote on me. As soon as I walk into the house, she would be there to greet me with the usual mom-like greeting "aiyoh, why so thin? Never eat ah? Alot of stress from work" "Got eat vitamin or not? Probio 5 leh, still got or not?" "Must eat proper meals you know, don't skip breakfast"...etc...well, you get the drift. Then she will proceed to take the plate or bowl (depending on what we're having for lunch) out for me, then she would sit next to me for some chit-chat and then take out fruits from the fridge.

Now that I have Ashley, whenever I walk in with Ashley (today being no exception) its "Hello, Ashley girl!! Come por por carry you" "Oh, has she eaten? Did she poo-poo today?" "Have you started her on solids like the doc advised?" "How many times do you feed her cereal?" "Oh yeah, food is inside, go take yourself. Got fruits in the fridge, go take it out yourself, don't be lazy".

Can't you see there's an obvious shift in attention? I want to be pampered too you know. Then again, I shouldn't be complaining cos while the grandma, grandpa and aunties were busy with lil Ashley, Momsie got to eat in peace and even managed a short zzzzz on the couch...:)

Alright, we are coming to the end of our programme. Stay tuned for Hot Rod from 12 till 6 am next on E-Mix Tunes.

I hope you will have a nice and resourceful week ahead starting with manic Monday. I'll leave you with a song which is my personal favourite, Ba Ba Black Sheep (Ashley is not too fond of this one though, beats me). Good Night.

Start : Ba Ba Black Sheep.

3 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Heheh...i like what you wrote :D Besides being a mommy, you have to be a DJ too eh? Multi-tasking. My Ashley loves nursery rhymes and most of the time, I sing to her.

Helen said...

hahahahaha DJ, I'll like to dedicate a song to MOmsie Shireen. Wishing her a very happy week and please tell her to eat more Nasi Briyani...

The number I want to dedicate is an old number by Barry Manilow..."Can't Smile Without You."

moms tales said...

Mommy to Chumsy : Yeah, me also have to sing to her leh...I also need to be singer :)

Helen : Momsie Shireen loves your dedication and decides to dedicate a song to you too. By Leanne Rimes "How do I live without you"...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP