Thursday, August 23, 2007

Don't expect, You will disappointed

Your husband goes out of town and he's supposed to call when he reaches his destination but doesn't until later or when your doc tells you that you are expecting a girl but turned out to be a boy or when you crave for your favourite food that you hadn't had for ages and when you did order it, it looks different.

Yup, that's exactly what happened to me except for the expecting a girl part cos that happened to my sister's boyfriend's mom.

I love Indian food. I have a favourite restaurant I visit quite frequently before I had my baby. D'Tandoor, a northern indian cuisine. A few days ago I craved for my favourite dishes : Briyani Rice, Prawn Vindaloo and Brinjal Maasala. Since I didn't think it was feasible bringing my baby out to dinner, I ordered take out.

The guy who took my order repeated my order and I was so sure he got it right. "It will be ready in 15 mins Ma'am", he said. I was thrilled to bits. After many months of abstinence, I was finally able to enjoy these glorious yum yum yet again. Daddy'O offered to pick them up on the way home. So, I waited patiently while imagining the 3 dishes and me digging into them.

When the bag reached me, I grabbed it and headed right to the kitchen and lay the 3 plastic containers on the table. Quickly grabbed my plate, fork and spoon. Nothing was going to stand in the way of a super hungry woman.

I opened the first one, my Briyani Rice had turned multi-coloured! With grains of pink, purple and green rice??? I didn't remember my Briyani Rice being so colourful. Ok nevermind, it smelled nice. Then I opened the Prawn Vindaloo...To my horror, the prawns have shrunk in size and had lots of other irrelevant stuff cooked with the prawns. Its definitely not my Prawn Vindaloo. For the record, the brinjal was safe.

As expected, my expectation turned to disappointment. I shouldn't have placed so much hope in it. I should've learned my lesson not to expect too much cos people have said to me "When you have high expectations, you will be disappointed". I sure learned my lesson. The next time I walk into that restaurant again, I'm demanding a refund!

7 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

haaha..everything has shrunk in sizes but the prices have gone up :D how was the food? yummy?

moms tales said...

It was ok only la cos d main dish was the prawns...so sad :(

Helen said...

Did they change cook or maybe it's the inflation thing...lol

I din know nasi briyani has pinky stuffs? I do hope you enjoyed your dinner. Yeah, it's not wrong to expect too much... especially when it comes to food.:-P

I dun know how many times I've been disappointed by KFC. The size of the chicken and worst of all, the 'goo hon' cheese they put on my cheezy wedges. I hate them. lol

stranger-online said...

Maybe they have a different chef on that night or maybe they've ran out of the usual stuffs, so they put other stuffs in the food. This happened to my previous restaurant all the time. But at least, u still have the brinjal right..hehe

moms tales said...

Helen : Yeah dinner was ok, wld've been better if i had what i was hoping for heheh...I think they changed cook. must go find out one day. Oh yes, I also hate the cheese in wedges...not nice i tell ya.

stranger-online : thanks for dropping by. yup, the brinjal was d life saver of the nite..hehehe...

New Kid on the Blog said...

I have never have the courage to try on authentic indian food. is it nice? i bet, it is ... otherwise, you wouldn't be that disappointed, right?

moms tales said...

Hi NKOTB, welcome to my place. I'm not exactly sure if its authentic bt its nice, you should try it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP