Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The thought of moving....

...just brings me to tears. 

Not because I'll miss my home, but - I'll have to pack! I look at my existing home and I feel that I should just pack my entire life's treasure into a tiny weeny suitcase. Everything else that does and do not fit, will be given away, donated or sold on Ebay. Travel light...that is what they all recommend. I'll take it.

We cannot bear to move and that's the truth. The girls childhood is here. Everything is here. Our first home is here. What we built over the years -- is here. So why bother? Well, in reality, our house is good for a couple with really really small family. Like maybe a family of 3. Any digit that more than 3, is considered one too many.

Also, you might want to ask - if we love the house so much, why don't just renovate and add some more space or even another room? Well, we considered that. But, because we live in a townhouse, every inch of the space is used. I cannot even consider reducing my bedroom space to make way for another. Call it the ingenuity of the designer/developer, but there is nothing I can do to the house to make way for, say, another room.

I am the sort who dislikes clutter. I like a little space in between. I don't need a bungalow though. We don't have a maid, so living in an obscenely huge house is well, not necessary. Just a reasonable amount of space to you know, kind of make the living a tad bit more comfortable...not just for me but for everyone.

Having said that, we have yet to find our dream house. I don't know when we will ever find it because real estate prices have sky-rocketed in recent years. I may have to travel to Taiping for some decent living. And, no offence to the folks there, but...only when I am 60? I know Taiping fairly well. My dad is from there. In fact ancestors were from there. I have relations still from there. I won't know how to get around that's for sure as it has been more than 10 years since I have been back. But, I know what it entails.

If I didn't have kids, I would move for the heck of it. Bored with one place, move to another. The thought of re-designing the home, pack, getting kids to pack, the logistics. It is such a nightmare. Such hardwork. People who designs for a living have my utmost respect! I find it brain wrecking. Just the colour scheme will throw me off course. Then comes texture, look, style, feel, etc...which pad foam to get. I mean, really? I salute you people. Only a true artist will find joy in solving the decorating puzzle. And I am not one of them. Ask me to sit and do nothing, yes. Ask me which floor tile goes with which kitchen top...I will simply run and hide or flush ze head in ze toilet bowl. 

Honestly...honestly. I think moving is simply not my thing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP