Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Book Review : Mommy Mixology


When I was asked if I wanted to review Janet Frongillo's recipe book, Mommy Mixology, I was intrigued. A recipe book specially for mommies to savour? I thought "what is the big deal? All recipe books are meant for mommies anyway because the naively, me, assumes that mommies does all the cooking in the house. I believe it's true for most households. It is kinda true for mine. 

But then, when I read the brief excerpt of what the book entails, I couldn't resist. I agreed almost instantaneously to have a copy for review. 

And boy! Did I make the right choice or what?

Firstly, the book is cute. It is super duper cute. They were not joking when they came up with "all good things come in small packages". This one definitely is! 

The book is a cute little handy thing. It comes in a 6x6 pocket sized read and about the depth of an Iphone 4. This means, you can bring it where ever you go. You can keep it by your bedside, in your purse...anywhere. It will not take up much of any space in the house.

Secondly, it's filled with colour. Remember, this book is meant for mommies. We have bad days. Some days are better than others but at times, the bad outweighs the good. And, nothing will cheer us up more than seeing wonderful bright colours. This book has all of that. Plus, it makes a very good decorative piece to your shelves too, thanks to the fun layout. 

Thirdly - I would say this is the most important - the book is actually a recipe book of cocktails fit for moms. Janet is a mom herself and she knows that the only way to get through motherhood is by laughter and some strong drinks. These are no ordinary mix either : 

When your little darling starts to pick up on - and repeat! - every word you say, clean up your language with a Son of a Beach

or how about...WHen your toddler digs in his heels and comes back with "NO!" 367 times, shake it off with a refreshing NO!Jito.

What did I tell you? These are just the tip of the iceberg. There are more to that from where they come from. Believe me. 

Mommy Mixology is laced and coated with a pungent taste of humorism. It's more than a recipe book, it's comedy in paperback. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP