Saturday, June 16, 2012

3 weeks...1 more week to go

I don't know about you but having kids at home 24/7 for so long is tough. I can't have them separated, I can't get them to sleep, I can't do anything. It's literally impossible to fully function when you have to be referee constantly or answer their never ending questions about the universe. I really don't know why Snow-White's hair is black and not blonde (yellow). I really don't. And honestly, I don't really care. Maybe she needed her own identity. Or maybe her mom decided "enough with them blondies, you're gonna be black"..I haven't a clue.

Anyway, these are the things I have to deal with. Clearly, having the pox has not affected them too much. As much as I'd like to isolate the 2, it's not possible. I sent Mini to MIL's for 2 days and she was homesick. Ash kept asking what she was up to and how she was and when she's coming back. So I said "stuff it! If Mini's gonna get it, she's gonna get it..No 2 ways about it".

So far, there's been nothing on Mini (*touch wood*). At least she's gone to school as scheduled. Ash on the other hand has missed school for 3 weeks now and will come a full circle next week. I wonder if she remembers her ABC. Opps...have I been too lazy to do any work with her? Well, yeah, I kinda have been. My friend said "haih...anak sakit, kita sibuk". My reply was "yeah...sibuk tengok TV"...then we burst out laughing. Seriously, what do you expect me to do? It's tough as it is being stuck at home. Going to grandma's house feels like vacation for them LOL...

Yeah we have plenty of quiet moments....on the royal dung throne. That's my secret hide-out. I will take whatever extra minute I can get - even if it's just sitting. At least I can concentrate, gather my train of thoughts and sent them on their rightful path. It's there that I think of things to do; things like on my next visit to the hospital, I am going to go up to my ObGyn and attempt to poke fun : "wah...dr...kam hou sang yi ah kam leen?" (so good business ah this year?). And then, smile to myself thinking of what he might say, what his reaction'll be. Oh, if you don't know, my gynea is a no nonsense fella. He's like Chairman Mao of Malaysia. He might call security on me. ekkk..

Or, I could read my camera how-to manual. It's an ongoing process since yonks ago. I could think about what I wanna do when the kids turn 21, when I get my life back. A professional photographer perhaps? A photographer with photographer liability insurance. See? Lots of things can flow through your mind for that millisecond you're in there. 

I will emerge from my rabbit hole of course. It's not forever. But, it's nice to have that little reprieve albeit in a very strange place to have it. Being a mom, you'd just take anything. You'll end up eating anything and doing everything. So..hooray for mommies out there..Even father's day is your day..heheh :-). 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP