Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day weekend

Apparently, Father's Day was last Sunday. Did you know? Gosh, I must have been living under a rock or something. Even the uncle at the shop wished hubby Happy Father's Day, only then, I knew what day it was.

Father's Day...Mother's Day...it's so commercialized. Everyday is or should be Father's Day or Mother's Day. And, if I am not wrong, I celebrated the eve (or was it on the actual day?) of Mother's Day at the hospital 2 years ago after delivering Mini. Ohhhh...those were killer days. Not nearly as bad as when I had to deliver Ash but still...killer. I remembered calling my sis after midnight telling her I had delivered Mini and she didn't believe me. She asked me if I as still having contractions. I said "NO!!! She's OUT!!" (in my groggy self..from the gas and that...that...injection-thingy. What is it called?). So, yeah, killer days.

Since it was a special weekend, how did you spend it? We went about doing our usual, but never enough. The weekend's just too short. Especially trying to fulfill ALL of Ash's special orders. We've done the swimming, kai-kai car...so, 2 down and 2 more to go. The other 2 being a train ride and a bus ride. Do we have to? Going on the free Ikea bus ride isn't the same as being on a Mini Bus. Oh man!! If you haven't been on one of those, you seriously don't know what you're missing. Hanging on to dear life (literally if you were me once when I had to stand at the bottomest steps cos the bus was packed) when the bus makes a sharp corner..if you live to see another day, consider yourself very very lucky.

Oh yes, and we visited my sister at her new place. She and her man got themselves a swanking new no-kids-chelor pad. Very spacious, very modern, very chic and a whole load of floors to clean..heheh..Perhaps I should've gotten them endless supply of floor cleaners as housewarming gifts..or possibly the less popular mrs fields gifts? In the end, we got them a blender/juicer instead.

"I want my Pina Colada, K!!!"

1 comment:

Mamapumpkin said...

Hahaha! I took the PINK mini bus! But I never stood on the steps. Wey, wait for next bus la.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP