Friday, May 28, 2010

wasn't exactly what I ordered

Last night, I had the privilege of dinning and whining (hahha...couldn't resist!) with 2 of my dearest and closest friends. We've been friends from way back, from the days where I honestly look like a complete geek. Not that I am not one now but dude, you should've seen me in my big rimmed glasses and retainers!

We don't get out much because of work...well, they work. The kids and you know, it's not that easy anymore when you're an adult but we do make it a point to meet up on our birthdays, festivities and on some other special occasion.

Anyway, last night, we decided to meet up since today's a public holiday for us. We met at Sunway Pyramid. I reached early and so did my friend. I didn't know about her but for some reason, I was starving. So, I initiated the move to get our butt into PapaRich to have some coffee or something while waiting for our other friend to arrive. I honestly do not know what came over me but I ordered the Ipoh kway teow and steamed chicken. When it came, I was sorely disappointed. When I took my first bite, it solidified my thoughts. H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E!! We were so so disappointed with the outlet. ANd the coffee we ordered...well, lets just say that my 3 year old could've made a better cup if I wanted her to.

I am never going to the outlet ever again. Seriously, the entire eating process was like going through acnepril reviews!!

But, the fact that my friends were there, the laughters, their presence...I think that in itself was enough drowned all the yucky taste in my mouth.

2 comments:

mott said...

really? I never ate at Papparich, when I was there. I kept seeing it everywhere..but, the lure of 'real' hawker stalls was far greater, than the lure of an airconditioned area...

Hahahahahahahah....

moms tales said...

oh..actually, depending on which outlets. Some are pretty ok. But, yes you are right - real hawker stalls are better la. We wanted 'high' class hawker food mah..kkakaka..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP