Thursday, January 22, 2009

..and I thought the buying has stopped

Ash's boots. One of her many Christmas presents. Precisely what I mean when I say we need more space..

As I look around my home today, I've come to the realisation that it's pretty dull. I've had the same decor for the past 4 years that I've lived here and I fear I might have to live with them for another 4 years or more! *gasp*. I know, who can afford to re-decorate every few years or every now and then anyway? If you can, well, good for you. But for me, not only is it expensive but extremely time consuming. Plus, what am I going to do with the old stuff? I don't think I have it in me to give or sell them away and we don't have a large enough storage area either.

However, having said that, there is still room for improvement. By that, I mean, there are still some parts of the house that are not furnished. That's only because we halted any further renovations and installations of any built-in's when we found out about our surprised pregnancy (yes, it was a surprised because technically it's un-planned yet planned -- a little complicated, I know). So, any hacking or drilling or whatever had to be canceled and will only resume..oh, I don't know, a year from now perhaps.

Also, Ash needs more space for her things. It's amazing how a kid, barely 2, can have more possessions than hubby and I could during that time. I am totally baffled. At times, I have this firing urge to get rid some of them but well, I haven't done that yet.

So, anyway, I was sitting in the living-room this afternoon while Ash was asleep, somehow, I glanced across the room and noticed an empty corner slot, perfect for a glass door cabinet of some sort or even a book-shelf. I rang hubby up and asked if he was going to be late and since he said that he wasn't, I told him that we could head out to Ikea for dinner and get ourselves something nice for us. Of course, he had no idea what I was mumbling about but he got home anyway. And, off we went to continue our holiday shopping.

We did find what we liked and what we thought would fit nicely in the living-room. Unfortunately for us, the cabinet we wanted, was completely sold out. And, they are not expecting the replenished stock until the end of the month. So, that's a little pre-new year bummer. But, I guess the buying can stop for just a little while..:-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love ash's pink boots :) kids nowadays have so many things because we keep buying for them. i've told myself to stop buying but just couldn't resist at all. gotta stop going to the mall ;)

Happy Moo Moo Year to you and your family :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP