Monday, July 7, 2008

The rain helped...but only a little

Call me unfaithful but I went to bed last night at the most crucial and exciting moment of tennis. It was past midnight and my eyes weren't as determined as those 2 guys hitting out at each other. But, I knew the outcome anyhow and I wasn't about to watch Fed surrender the title like the way he did during the first sets.

Initially, at the first hour or so, it was utterly disappointing to watch. At that point, I felt Nadal deserve to win it and I wanted to see him holding the trophy. That was before the rain and I really thought it was going to be a straight sets win for Nadal. But apparently, Fed came back after the rain delay with at least a glimmer of hope, not for the fans but for himself. He pushed Rafa to 5 sets before going down.

Both were equally good. The difference was Rafa was more confident than Rog was. I think this loss is good. It will (hopefully) spur him on not to be any more complacent than he is right now. Or it could backfire and he could go into hiding, never to hold a tennis racket ever again. Either way, its not my concern. My problem now is to get more ram for my computer.

3 comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

Hi Shireen! Just stopping by to see what's new. Hope you had a good weekend! :o)

Anonymous said...

I too couldn't keep those eyes open.

It's wayyy too late over here...

sigh..

Tina said...

you and your tennis. your like a crazy football fan, but on tennis instead lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP