Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What's in a name?

If you were a kid and at Disney Land looking at the various souvenirs they had, what is more frustrating than hearing your mom say "NO, cannot buy this", "NO, cannot buy that"? No people, that is not the most frustrating - its actually not able to find your name on anything! Not even a mickey badge or minnie plate that has "Shireen" on it. Seriously, I could never find even a key-chain that says Shireen. What's worst is that they had my sister's name written all over the souvenir shop! Arrggghhh...

When I asked my mom why they named me with such an obscure name? Her answer was "Ask your dad". Of course, knowing my dad, Captain Von Trapp in those days, I didn't dare ask him. I just resigned to the fact that I have a name not many has (or so I thought) and accepted it, finito, end of story. Of course, that was until I found this :

What's Your Name's Hidden Meaning?

What Shireen Means

You are the total package - suave, sexy, smart, and strong.
You have the whole world under your spell, and you can influence almost everyone you know.
You don't always resist your urges to crush the weak. Just remember, they don't have as much going for them as you do.

You are truly an original person. You have amazing ideas, and the power to carry them out.
Success comes rather easily for you... especially in business and academia.
Some people find you to be selfish and a bit overbearing. You're a strong person.

You tend to be pretty tightly wound. It's easy to get you excited... which can be a good or bad thing.
You have a lot of enthusiasm, but it fades rather quickly. You don't stick with any one thing for very long.
You have the drive to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. Your biggest problem is making sure you finish the projects you start.

You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something.
You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense.
You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun.

You are friendly, charming, and warm. You get along with almost everyone.
You work hard not to rock the boat. Your easy going attitude brings people together.
At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. But for the important things, you pull it together.

You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people.
You also have a very active imagination. You often get carried away with your thoughts.
You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals.

Holy cow!! You'd think that, after many years thinking that I can't even get a mickey badge that my search would come out with an "error" or "not found", right? How wrong was I! Oh, incidentally, I pinched this from Constance's blog...and thought, what the hey, I'd just give it a try and documenting it since its such a 'historical' moment for me..lol...

Gosh! I feel a pimple sprouting. Dang! I hope it disappears by this weekend and I won't need any form of acne treatment.

7 comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

I have never found anything with my daughter Aurora's name on it, but some times I find stuff with my son Aidan's name on it.

sting said...

so was it correct? :-) from what I read in your blog and while you were in BDMM, I kinda think
"You are friendly, charming, and warm. You get along with almost everyone" is pretty accurate :-)

moms tales said...

Tammy : Aurora is a special name nevertheless! :-)

Sting : yup, plus the part about being "little flaky and irresponsible" as well..lol

Mommy to Chumsy said...

wow...awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well..hidden meaning or no meaning to your name..u r one of my closest friends and I am blessed to have a friend like u.

moms tales said...

Barb : hehhe..thanks :-)

MGL : Awww...that is so sweet of you! Just for the record, I ain't paying for dinner :-P

Anonymous said...

Hmmph..no dinner ok bt i wan dat BAG..;P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP