Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It all started today last year..part 1

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this up today or tomorrow. But then, looking at how my mind is functioning these days, I thought I'd better get it up.

I'm going to share about something I've never shared before - my labour story :-) (hey, what are you thinking? *wink*).

Roughly 2 weeks before the 19th, I went for my 2nd last ObGy appointment. Although he has been telling me from the very beginning that Ash will be 'late', I didn't believe him. He told me again after "checking" and asked me to choose a date anywhere between 19th till 30th to get induced but "no weekends" he said. I asked "why?"..His reply was "Oh, because all doctors very lazy so no one to come in during weekends" (???). So, I went home. I actually didn't discuss it with my hubby, I just told him "I'll choose 19th lor since earlier the better cos already passed my EDD?" He just nodded. Dunno whether he was able to comprehend what I had told him or not.

The following week was my last and final check up before the 'bomb' date. I told my ObGy confidently the date I wanted and he wrote it down on my card that I had to 'check in' to the labour room on the 18th at 10pm. I will then be given some pills to be inserted to soften my Va j j (got this word from Mott). Sometimes, contractions will even start to kick in about an hour after that. His parting words were "If between, now and then, you feel any pain, call or come to the hospital".

I went home, sat down and just dawned on me that, this is it. Time for the big bomb. I've heard many versions of how painful contractions can be. I was scared at first but at that time, all I wanted was to get the whole process over and done with. At that stage, I hadn't even decide whether I wanted an epidural or not. I remember I was telling my good friend how I felt and she was so kind to offer me her prayers that I'd have a smooth delivery.

Days passed with no signs of contractions or anything which made me concede that I have to indeed get myself induced just like how my ObGy predicted. I didn't want to of course cos I had read that the contractions are more painful than natural ones. But I couldn't do anything if Ash decides to want to stay in a little longer.

Then, the day came. On the 18th, I woke up. Had a little "show" but no contractions. I called my mom and she told me to immediately go to the hospital. She's very "kan cheong". My hubby told me to relax and go only after lunch. I went to sleep. Hubby was busy cleaning the house, checked that I have everything in my hospital bag and woke me up to shower. I went to shower and what will be my last :-(. Scrubbed myself from head to toe.

After that, I went to my mom's place for lunch and she was shocked why I wasn't at the hospital yet. I told her "its ok, the nurse said to relax and come later". I ate, what seemed like my last meal and rested before heading over to the hospital around 2 pm...

3 comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

Can't wait to have the rest of the story! :o)

JK said...

I'm following...

Sue said...

Waiting for the rest...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP