Friday, January 25, 2008

Why?

Why am I up at this un-godly hour blogging away? To rant? To rave? To write an absolutely and ridiculously emo post? Nay!

My evening didn't start on a good note. Was on the way to my MIL's place for dinner and the car battery went flat on us. Luckily, we were at the petrol station when that happened and not at some deserted highway. Since we are AAM members, we thought we were safe. Some member benefits they have *rolls eyes*. We called them to go over to our MIL's place to get us some new batteries. We got a guy to help 'jump start' our car at the petrol station for us to get to MIL's. But the AAM guy said they had run out of stock. And the nearest car workshops were all closed as it was already 8pm. After dinner, we managed to get my FIL to help us jump start our car again using his car batteries. Luckily, he had the cables for it otherwise, I might have to spend the night at MIL. So, no batteries and no car tomorrow.

Came home late but as usual, had some last minute pending assignments to complete. And guess what? I couldn't access the net. I mean, I could but the loading took forever and none of the pages opened up and the line kept getting cut off. Our internet provider seriously needs some help! So, I was left with possibly seeing the assignments expire right before my eyes. Another frustrating feeling cos I have been having a round of bad luck with some pp companies. You know, the thing about taking away an opp when I had reserved it. Those kinds of stuff. When it happened the first time, I was pissed but I guess I am over it now. Tennis really is a fantastic distraction...hehehhe

I still haven't got to the part about why I am writing this in the dead of night, have I? Well, I was downstairs watching the repeat of some of the tennis matches that took place this afternoon as I wasn't home. I kept falling in and out of sleep on the couch and had wanted to feed Ashley once more before knocking off to bed myself. Around 2 am, I went upstairs wanting to feed Ashley when I smelled poo. My poor baby has been poo-ing every night. And her very ingenuous Mommy bought the wrong diaper for her. What happened was, her diaper pack came with a sample 'diaper pants'. You know, those that fits like panties/underwears. And it was soft and I let her try it on. After trying the sample, I thought what a great idea, its easy to wear and it gives her more flexibility when she crawls or sits. The diaper doesn't leave a red mark on the “sticker area” of her leg. I bought 2 packs. When I bought it home, I realised I had made the biggest novice mistake ever. What happens when she poo? She can't squat, she can't stand on her own, she doesn't know how to remove the diaper. I found out the hard way a week ago. I had to carry her to the bathroom and take the diaper off there and wash the 'mess' from her feet. Her legs would be filled with poo stain when I pull the diaper from her buttocks and I'd have to hose her legs and buttocks down there and then.

So, anyway, back to this morning when I smelled poo. Obviously, she did her business but since she was too tired, she continued sleeping. I had to wake her up, carry her to the bathroom and do what I had to even though she was tired, sleepy and cranky. I felt really bad for waking her up but I couldn't help it. I can't bear to let her sleep with her poo. As I put her down on the bathroom floor to remove her clothes, she let out a cry for a while. But as soon as I took off her diaper, she knew she was being cleaned. And I asked her very gently to help me by standing so I could free up my right hand (my left was holding on to the shower stick). She did and she leaned over on my lap for support. After I had finished, I carried her onto my bed, put on a fresh piece of PJs for her and gave her, her milk. She was hungry and she fell asleep soon after while I cleaned up the rest of the mess.

After all that was done, I no longer felt sleepy. I turned on my computer and put the kettle to boil for a hot cup of milo. And what do you know? I managed to log on to the net a lot better. I even managed to finish the soon-to-expire assignments and found myself more assignments. But all these are secondary. As I sat here, thinking about my baby and how she has been to us for the past 10 months is really amazing. She has been really kind and good to us. I am not saying this as if I am taking her goodness for granted. No, I am just thankful and of course, I hope she will continue to be 'good'. Its as though she understands what is going on, you know, that we are first time parents and there are a lot of adjustments in our lives. And she appears to have and been making these adjustments easier for us to handle by being good and fuss free most of the times. Maybe her patience or our patience haven't been tested, I don't know. But like tonight, she made it relatively easy for me by not waking the father and the neighbours up. In less than 2 months, she will be celebrating her 1st. I'll probably leave the entire run-down of her milestone till then cos as I am typing these few words, I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. Good night or good morning to some, thanks for listening and have a great Friday!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah lu punya post banyak long,hehe i bet if feels good to let it all out hor? Well like you say Friday oredi here so hope you have a great weekend.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I hope you get your car fixed soon. I know how it feels to have to change a dirty diaper in the middle of the night. It sucks! Hope you're weekend is good.

Mandy said...

Just wanted to thank you for stopping in my blog last week. I've bookmarked you so I can keep up with yours. Happy Friday!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

You have a good weekend my friend :D

Anonymous said...

O.o...

I also dun like it when they poo in the middle of their sleep. Like u're forced to wake them up, coz it's just too disgusting a thought to leave it there...

But, this is a very sweet post. Glad u enjoy motherhood, despite the 'shitty' stuff. Good on u!

JK said...

Usually when my kids poo in their diaper pants, I would tear off the two sides so that I don't have to drag the pants all the way down.

Leena said...

when everythin else is not right, you only need to take a good look at your lovely princess and suddenly the world lights up again.

have a great weekend.

Chinneeq said...

i can't sleep at nite these days too...so kacau hb wake up and talk to me, hehe....

JK said...

Come and join me and the others in the big bang world record.

http://love4play.blogspot.com/2008/01/bing-bang-worl-record.html

moms tales said...

Kopi-Soh : Hehhe...yeah, was like lau sai post..Hope u had a gud weekend too..:-D

Tammy : Yup, luckily, car is indeed fixed and was a great relaxing weekend. Hope yours was the same too :-)

Mommy Cracked : Hi, thanks for dropping by and I have your site bookmarked too. Have a great week ahead.

Barb : You too, hope ur weekend was great.

Mott : hehhe..thanks and once again, ur so right (abt the shitty stuff).

Jo-N : OK will check it out. Thanks :-). Ahh..thats a good tip, thanks again :-D

Shern's Mom : Yep, ur spot on!! Hope your weekend was great too..:-)

Chin Nee : Lucky you!! My hubs is zzzzzzzzzz cannot wake one. Kena scolded afterwards...heheh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP