Sunday, January 20, 2008

Something for granny

In a couple of days, my grandma will be celebrating her birthday. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue as to how old she is. In fact, no one really knows my granny's real age. You see, back in yester-years, there was no law requiring registering births until the birth certificate was introduced much later. And those who were born prior to that, would have only “registered” their 'best' age because really, at that time, no one really kept any records of their birth year.

Needless to say, my granny has gone through a lot what with the world war and a mini civil war. She has 9 children and 11 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren. She is living her life to the fullest and having had to battle with cervical cancer just a couple of years back. These days, she walks with a walking stick. At times, showering or even going to the toilet poses a challenge for my granny. Seeing how she is right now, I wish that things could be better for her. But you know what I'd really love to get her? A GoWheelchair-Grab-Bar. Its just perfect for her as she does not have one in her house at the moment as she would need all the support she needs whenever she is in the shower or the toilet. Anything for my granny as she has done much for me when I was young. Happy birthday granny and have a great one!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP