Friday, January 4, 2008

I didn't get any...

I didn't get any on my birthday

I didn't get any on Halloween

I didn't get any on Christmas and New Year's

I certainly hope to get some on Valentine's Day. I am talking about Roses. I love roses. Which girl doesn't? If you don't, it's most probably because you are allergic to roses otherwise, there is no reason to turn down any bouquet if presented to you.

My hubby used to buy me lots but those were the days. The days before we got married. Now that we are (married), there is just too many excuses not to get me any. For example, its too expensive, it dies too quickly, we have no proper vase, makes him sneeze...the list goes on and on and on. The only time I received any type of flowers was when I was at the hospital after giving birth to Ashley. At that time, I had 4 bouquets. Though they weren't all roses but they were all equally lovely. Pretty enough to want to eat them.

I remembered there was a particular bouquet of roses that he got me which was really pretty. There was a mixture of pink and red roses. He had them sent up to my office on my birthday. I was surprised naturally and felt a little embarrassed when it was time to go home after work. I had to carry the huge bouquet down 4 flight of stairs and walk past the huge crowd at the reception. Needless to say, I was teased to the brim.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP