Thursday, December 6, 2007

Flamenco, anyone?

Remember I told you about my friend who came back from her holidays recently? Well, lately, whenever my friend returns from a holiday in Europe, she is hooked on the country's famous dances. She would talk non-stop about the belly-dancing she saw in Turkey. Showed and described to me the pictures she took. Apparently, they assign “grades” to the belly dancers. Grade 1 being the best of the lot. Quite true cos the Grade 1 belly dancer balanced a cane on her head while she belly danced. Too bad I wasn't there but the pictures were enough to wow me!!!

That was Turkey. She went to Spain last year and she went crazy over Flamenco dancing. When I asked her if she saw Joaquin Cortez, the hottest flamenco dancer in the world, she said “NO”. Awww sucks!!! But she did some other flamenco dancers while she was there. I asked her if she stayed in a hot Hoteles near the city while in Spain and she said “YES”. How envious was I? Anyways, her crazy love for flamenco dancing did not stop there. She recently went to watch some live flamenco dancing here at our local theatre. It was good I hear and there were even kids. Wondered if its a good thing to bring kids to such shows? I mean, would they even be able to appreciate the show? Perhaps so.

1 comment:

Mom Knows Everything said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog, Mom Knows Everything. I love the bunny in your profile picture. The badge that says "Make yourself at home, clean my kitchen" is hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP