Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Back to the Future

Many years ago, my family and I spent a couple of years in the States. That was because my dad had a scholarship to pursue his Masters and since he was going to be away for more than a year, we went along. He was on full scholarship which meant all expenses was paid for not only for him but for us as well.

That was in 1985 and it was December. Right smack during winter. My dad kept the secret to himself until the time he finalised the college he wanted to go to. I was surprised and naturally excited. I haven't been anywhere away from Malaysia except Singapore. To go to the land of snow was like a dream come true.

My dad had a few colleges in mind. They were Illinois College and Chicago College. For some reason, he didn't want them. Probably the courses didn't fit him and the fees were above budget. My dad researched further and asked opinions of other graduates. He also considered Westwood. Finally, he chose Indiana. A place I will always remember.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP