Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Why doesn't she take longer naps?

For those of you mothers whose child or children sleeps for a long period of time, I am green with envy.

This little girl of mine doesn't sleep long enough each day for me to satisfactorily say that she sleeps at all. A typical example would be, like today, I put her to bed at 10 am. Not before tossing and turning. She finally slept, I think around 10.30am. I thought I could have 2 hours of peace. Nope, she woke up at 11.30 am. I went up to check on her and quietly tipped toed out the room when I saw she was playing and admiring her pillow. I let her lie in bed while I finish watching her porridge. Remember last time when I burnt my porridge? Can't let that happen again this time.

After porridge, bath and she wanted to sleep. And sleep, she did. At 2.45pm. I hadn't had my lunch yet. I had to quickly take the second load of laundry out to dry, vaccuum and mop the floor. Oh and before all that, I had to change my clothes cos she pee-ed on me while I was bathing her. Ok, I thought lets check on her and that was 4pm. I was praying and hoping that she will still be asleep. Nope. Tough luck. She was again admiring her pillow and sucking her thumb. I had to carry her down cos she saw me this time. I gave her some milk while I went to cook my lunch.

My kid doesn't sleep, doesn't want to sit in the play-pan, doesn't want to sit in the walker. She just wants to crawl and play with things she's not supposed to. Can someone teach me how to make my kid sleep longer? If all else fails, I might just pop her a sleeping pill one of these days. Yeah, how I wish it would be that easy. If I am not blog hopping as much, I will try my best later tonight. Its just not my best week.

3 comments:

Helen said...

Ashley is super hyper hor?

Maybe you don't let her sleep more in the day and hopefully that will tire her out at night..:-)

Luckily my boy was a pig when he's a baby.

Mamapumpkin said...

It'll get better, I promise....some babes are great sleepers, some just don't sleep. It's just a fact of life and we accept it. God will reward us in other ways *wink* like having large boobs LOL

moms tales said...

Helen : Yaaaa...how I envy you!!

BP : I hope so. She didn't sleep a wink this afternoon *slaps forhead*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP