Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Fruitful Day

This morning we went to the paed for Ashley's general check up on her development. Also, she seemed to be gasping for breath sometimes especially after crying. I was worried if there may be something wrong hidden that could lead to long term damage. Luckily, according to the paed, its fairly normal since the capacity of her lungs is too small and sometimes, she may take big gulps of air when she breathes. Sure hope this is normal, we wouldn't want any surprises later on. Anyway, the last time we went to the paed was for her jab when she was 6 months and the paed told us that the next visit will be when she reaches her 1st birthday but we could bring her over sometime in between just to check on her overall development. So, we just followed her advice and went today. I'm happy to say that everything is A-OK!! *big grin*

After that, we dropped Ashley off at the in-laws for them to do some work heheh...Actually, we wanted to go shopping in peace so we left Ashley with her grandparents to keep them entertained. Its not everyday they get to see her so we thought, instead of lugging her all around the mall and plus, we hardly get some "couple" time, we just left her with them.

We chose the Curve. I wanted to get a blender thingy for Ashley's food but couldn't find what we were looking for. We were there before 12 noon and I must say that I like it there. No crowd unlike a neighbourhood mall where if you are not lining up for a parking spot at 9.30am, you can absolutely forget about shopping there.

Since the electrical shop didn't have what I wanted, the hubs suggested to check out MPH for some books for Ashley he was interested to get from the MPH flyer that we received. Nowadays, when he goes shopping, its always for only Ashley. I am jealous!! Oh well, I am guilty of the same thing cos just as the hubs entered MPH, I went into one of the kids shop to look for some lovely dresses for Ashley since everyone has been saying that she looks like a boy or asks us if she is a girl or a boy. I feel like putting a tattoo on her forehead that says "I am a girl, so bugger off!!!". I don't think I can. Not only the hubs will have my head, my in-laws will come along with a meat cleaver.

I didn't see anything for Ashley that was within budget. Either they were expensive or they were just plain over-the-roof EXPENSIVE!!! So, I joined the hubs at MPH. I went to the cookery section to check out the new releases from the flyer. They had one specially for infant and toddler recipes. I wanted a variation even though I have the mainstream family recipes. I bought it. I also bought two new release cookbooks mainly to fill up the cabinet that the hubs specially designated for my cookbooks and recipes. Now, I just wish that I have more time to whip up those mean dishes from those cookbooks. Sigh

4 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hehehe..i got the same question too...is your baby a boy? And the crazy thing is that Ashley was wearing a skirt when such questions were posed :(

Helen said...

Hey, you went to the curve didn't check out Ikea meh?

Meatballs, meatballs, meatballs...

moms tales said...

Barb : Yeah, I find that annoying. Esp when she is wearing pink from head to toe. I guess one can never be too sure..:)

Helen : No worr. Didn't go that far..Need to walk you know..:p

Anonymous said...

u can get a handblender..it's much more convenient..heehee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP