Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog Action Day

Yikes!! I almost forgot about today! I am supposed to write something about the environment and how to save it. Luckily mother earth is not waiting for me to save her otherwise, she would be in flames by now..:) Ok, jokes aside. It's true, I totally forgot about it. I almost forgot about my dear friend's birthday too today but luckily I wished her a month in advance (I messed up the months) so I guess I am exempted now, today from wishing her..hehhe...ok, another joke. Alright! This is the last wise crack from me as I have something serious to say.

Blog Action Day, where every blogger unite to collectively talk about an issue and today, the single most talked about piece is our environment and to save it. You actually don't need to go on a hunger strike in protest against consuming endangered delicacies, parade naked in protest against wearing fur or join Greenpeace and sail around the world to save beached whales and dolphins to prove that you are contributing your fair share towards preserving the environment. If you can and happy to, well, by all means do it but if you are an ordinary folk like me, you can start your bid by doing something positive at your home.

For starters, you could use biodegradable garbage bags. Bring along your tupperware or tiffin-cans when you order take-out from your favourite "chap fan" shop(mixed rice and vegetables). Sure you will look funny but hey, people don't know you and no one really bothers.

You know how at Ikea they have separate bins for different rubbish? Well, I am not saying, go throw your rubbish at Ikea. I mean you too can follow suit by separating your rubbish at home i.e your glass, paper, plastic bottles. Stack those old newspaper up and sell it to the "Old newspaper collectors" for a couple of bucks. Sure its no paid post dollars but at least you have some form of returns.

The thing to remember is while the high level environmentalists are doing their bit, who is to say we, the ordinary folks can't? We just do what we can in our own way.

2 comments:

Helen said...

When you talk about bags, I remembered a post you did a while back...

I'm not a plastic bag? lol

Is it something like that? :-P

moms tales said...

Heheh..no la...those black garbage bags...:P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP