Friday, September 7, 2007

I'm Not A Plastic Bag

You know how most people will plan for a short trip out somewhere when there is a looming long weekend ahead. Either that or throng the malls. Yes, we Malaysians love our malls. We go to the mall every weekend, birthday, anniversary, first date. For every occasion, there’s the mall for it.

Not wanting to be left out, I too had my fair share of gallivanting at the “Mall”. On Saturday, I went to…
-
-
-
-
-






Yup, I went to Jaya Supermarket. Why? Less people, no need to drive round, looking for parking space, no need to tail people coming out to the car park so that I can get their parking spot when they leave.

Those days, Jaya Supermarket was the only “happening” shopping mall in PJ when I was little. I used to jump for joy every time my Dad (sounding like the captain at boot camp) says “We are going to Jaya tonight. Hurry up, eat your dinner.”. As we are about to enter the parking lot of Jaya, I would hope and pray that my Dad would park at the basement cos see, there’s a fish pond at the foot of the spiral staircase leading up to the main floor of the shopping complex and I love to look at the fishes as I walk past and up the stairs. When and if I am at the 4th floor (I think that is the highest), I would lean over the railing to look down at the fish pond but my Dad would go (again, with his stern demeanor) “Shireen, get down from there!!”.

Well, I went to Jaya cos I wanted to get my magazine and some last minute groceries. There’s a bookstore up on the 2nd floor. As I was walked up, I passed this stall selling bags. Guess what? I’m Not a Plastic Bag, bag was up on the rack. Haha..I couldn’t resist getting it after this mommy posted her catch from Petaling Street. The bag is supposedly an ‘in thing’ to own. The original Anya Hindmarch looks like this :






And this is mine :





I rationalized that since I hadn’t bought a bag in ages and I needed one, that isn’t fading or lost its shape, to put all my womanly stuff, what the heck, just get it la right? Some retail therapy could actually do some good.

I brought it home and my 18 year old-knows-everything-and-anything-current sister said “Omg, you got THAT bag ah?! How much did you pay for it? Of course I proudly said (while swinging the bag left and right) “Only RM40” *snigger*. Then she retorted “Omg, the Curve flea market selling for RM38 la !!!”…Shik-zzzennn!!!

6 comments:

Helen said...

I would have bought the bag if I saw it too. lol I was so tempted the other day I went shopping.. not this bag... some pink bag. hahahaha but then I thot I'm a little too old to be carrying such cute bag. lol

Hey, next time shut your sister up lar! Once I bought something, I try not to compare the price.... The truth is, I dun know how to haggle and always end up the losing end. ;-(

Cherry Popcorn said...

Oooh.. I want that bag! It looks so cute! Though I don't think I would pay more for it though. But 2 dollars difference only. Can la.. Haha..

moms tales said...

Helen : Hehe..you should've bot d pink bag la...Who cares, no one knows you old or young :P A compliment u know...next time I will do that to my sis...me too, can't haggle..everytime i think i got the best deal, there's always some place somewhere selling cheaper..arrgghh..

Princess Shin : Hi, thanks for dropping by. Yeah luckily only 2 dollar diff otherwise *knock head* LOL

Mommy to Chumsy said...

RM40???? That's a good price ;D Yours look like the real thang too :D I was at the Curve today but I didn't see this bag though. So now you are going to use it as a diaper bag? BTW, I also love Jaya Supermarket. I go there a lot because of Reject Shop and Starbucks. Hubby's fav is the Digital Mall. I also remember following my dad to KL when I was a kid and he took me to Jaya and I love the pond too.

moms tales said...

Mom2Chum : you went to Curve today ah? I wanted to go but hubby ahd to work so couldn't make it. Yeah, most prob as diaper bag. Hey, I also go to Reject Shop hehe...

Anonymous said...

uurmm...Che, your youngest sister is actually 20 ;P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP