Saturday, September 15, 2007

Good News and Bad News

For starters, its the weekend and I am drained. Left early to 1Utama this morning (to avoid heavy traffic and to get a good parking spot) for some grocery shopping. Ashley was well behaved. I was worried she would get cranky but she didn't so it was good. We were only there for an hour tops. You all know how I "love" shopping right.

Had lunch, did laundry and since the lil one is asleep, thought I'd post something up before I continue with some other chores around the house.

Right.

I have some good and bad news. Lets start with the Bad News first.

Bad news
Hubby has to travel in 2 weeks time. He is scheduled for a week's meeting but have set a buffer for 2 weeks (just in case). I know I should be used to this, being on my own with Ashley but honestly, I'd like him to be around. Knowing my hubby, he will not be at ease with me being alone so Ashley and I will most probably get shipped to my in-laws place. On top of that, he won't be around for our 6th marriage anniversary..Boo hoo..:(

Good news
I guess to make up for that, he bought tickets to the exhibition tennis match in Nov 22 between my tennis idol and Pete Sampras!!! Yiippiiee-kai-yay!!! I am a happy camper. Doesn't take much to make me happy now does it? :) So, please please, frens and family...pray that I get to go and that the match won't be cancelled at the last minute.

Alright. I think I've said enough for a Saturday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

8 comments:

Helen said...

I'm sorry to hear your hubby will not be around on your 6th anniversary. But then hor, the tennis tickets is WAY OUT!! Congrats!! Think you'll be able to squeeze more out of him.... :-P

Are your in laws staying near you? You mean you'll be leaving your house empty while you put up with your in laws during ur hubby's absence?

Mommy to Chumsy said...

i'm sure you and ashley will be fine without hubs around :D You'll have lots of ME time at the inlaws ;D Very nice of your hubby to get you the tennis tickets ;D

Bkworm said...

hiya, momsie tales..just popping by to thank you for your email. Have been so busy, didn’t manage to come by and say hello earlier. :). Anyway, totally understand how you feel about your hubby being away. My hubby has a trip overseas coming up end of next month which i'm SO not looking forward to. sigh!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Hey, I've just tagged you - http://chumsyashley.blogspot.com/2007/09/2-things-about-moi.html

*runs away quickly*

ryeli said...

i know wht u mean abt hubby not being around, i get that all the time and it sucks big time!

i'm guessing u're okay with ur in-laws? i'm alright with mine except that i rather deal with being alone with the baby than with them coz it means i'm babysitting 3 instead of 1. :p

but having said that, it's nice to have other folks around to take away baby's attention while u get to do whatever u want to do.

moms tales said...

Helen : Nola, canot squeeze anymore edi. Who knows, the tickets may even be for my up-coming b'day present all rolled into one? hehhe..though they stay nearby but they prefer not to be out of their comfort zone so I will have to budge instead. So, yeah will most prob be leavin the house empty.

Mum2Chum : Thanks for ur encouragement and thanks for the tag :)

Bkworm : You're welcome and thanks for dropping by. Good luck at work. Am sure you will have lotsa to tell :)

Ryeli : I used to stay with them before we got our own place so I'm ok with d in-laws but I am with you when you said "have to babysit 3" heheh. I do prefer it on my own, my own space..but well, hopefully, my hubby will be gone only for 1 week *fingers crossed*

Anonymous said...

Surely the match won't be cancel. Don't scare me. :P

moms tales said...

che-cheh : *fingers crossed* :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP