Saturday, January 12, 2013

Books for Christmas

Cook-books..to be more precise. Thick, hardcover Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsay's culinary bibles. Actually, if I knew if I was gonna get them, I'd say "keep your money, I go Youtube"..:-p. But of course, in the spirit of Christmas, let's not be so direct. I was (in the Christmas spirit). Gap was shut; a smile was in place.

Anyway, I have yet to pour over the gazilliion pages of them books. The size of them really creeps me out. I don't know why but I don't have the patience to sit for hours going through books anymore. Not even in the toilet. Partly because I don't have constipation problems anymore like I used to when I was a kid. So hanging in the bathroom reading while waiting for...you know...just don't happen no more.

Also, I hardly have time to read. Maybe I will (have some time) this year with longer waiting hours between schools. Other than that, I don't see how I could do it. Oh, I can't read in the car because of motion sickness. And I just found out, I can't read in the plane either!!! Only happened to me since..since last year. Age? Glaucoma? Don't know.

The books are...somewhere. Because our house is a mess. We got it painted while we were away. Got the 'wall art' off finally. So, I spent the last couple of days, sorting things out, cleaning (with the part-time maids' help) and some of our things are still in the luggage. It has (and still is) absolutely crazy around here.

I am sure Jamie and Gordon will have some good food to share. I am only hoping their recipes do not call for a new pot or new laboratory ovens or a new whatever. I don't think I have space in the house for anymore cooking gadgets. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP