Wednesday, September 15, 2010

mom

Lately, Miss Ash has been calling me MOM. Mom this...mom that. Sometimes she'd forget and say Mommy instead but you can tell that she's trying very hard to maintain that "MOM" word.

What has gotten into her??

I'll tell you this : she's been watching way too much Barney. And in one of those episodes, this girl kept calling her mom, MOM and I think Ashley just wants to be like that little girl so she's started calling me mom.

Frankly, I don't really want to be called mom. I mean, not when she's only 3++. To me, she's still my baby and babies are supposed to be cutesy and to call their mothers "mommy", not MOM. "Moms" are for defiant 8 year olds. I don't really want to grow up so fast you know. At the rate she's going, I might have to look for additional affordable health insurance just in case I get a heart attack when she decides to call me by my first name one day!!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Its OK my 3 yr old calls her Daddy DAD but luckilly for me, have still maintained MUMMY for me!! yipppeeee...I know it sounds so..so...grown up. Mum Dad. Heck I still call my parents Mummy and Daddy. (anything wrong with that?)

ryeli said...

it's jst a phase, she will go back to mummy. i had that with rye li too, they're so easily influenced by the TV. at times she speaks with an accent too and use all those american words like "awesome", etc.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP