Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Can this get anymore random?

Heavenly...

So, I haven't been blogging the past couple of days. No..make that almost a week since my last post.

I'm still here i.e the Bun isn't out yet. She will be (out) in another couple of weeks or so. I. can't exactly say that I feel nothing but excitement because after all, I know what lies ahead : it's not all that pretty. On the other hand, I can't wait. I can't wait to finally meet her. I know both hubby and I are anxious and yes, excited at the same time. At the moment, I am mentally preparing myself for some double trouble. But, frankly though, I don't think anyone can plan ahead when it comes to caring for 2 kids; whether you are doing it full-time or otherwise. There's no predicting what's going to happen on a daily basis. I guess right now, all I am hoping for is that when the time comes, I'll somehow have the wisdom to deal, you know. However, if all else fails, you can find me blogging from the nearest loony-bin (or alternatively, learn the art of rock tumblers) -- hehehhe...

Yes, I am supposed to blog about my trip : where we went, how it was, etc...well, between then and now, I am hardly at my terminal long enough to conjure up a decent sentence. Why? I was sick the very next day that I was back. Then, hubby had this thing with the computer which he started and is still un-finished. So, he's literally glued to the screen every chance he gets.

I will have to say that this is the first time, the whole family fell ill. It started with hubby. After which, Ash got the bug. Incidentally, she was still nursing a cold when we went for our vaca. I went with a heavy heart because for the life of me, I won't know if the trip was going to be bad or good for her. Of course, I was desperately hoping it will be the latter. As a precaution, we took her to see her paed just before we left last Monday morning. Apart from everything else, we were given this gimongous bottle of antibiotics (augmentin) and was told to finish the damn thing! I told hubby “Dude..we are not giving her that!

We didn't. I am glad we didn't either because as soon as we reached our destination, Ash instantly felt a whole lot better. She was able to sleep throughout that night too; something she wasn't able to do the night before and it pained me having to watch her in that state. I know it wasn't anything major and I am sure many moms out there have encountered worst but it was my first time with Ash being this ill. Naturally, I got worried and I felt kind of helpless. The whole time, all I wanted was for her to get well..that very instant. Ha..funny isn't it..how kids can make you feel and do things you never imagine doing (and feeling) in your lifetime. I don't suppose this will be the last of the many firsts I'll be experiencing, will it?

Opps...there I go again. I've bla-ed away for far too long. I'll be back with some accounts of my trip in another post. Besides, I am still mulling over the idea of how I will post the photos up. I'll figure something out...hopefully! :-)

4 comments:

Chinneeq said...

good to hear tat everything is fine over there. dont worry, shireen, tell yourself u got only and chinnee has got 3!

wen said...

u will be fine after getting used to caring 2 kids!

mommy to chumsy said...

Hope all of you are better now :) Can't wait to see your vaca photos ;) BTW, glad you didn't give Augmentin to Ashley. Mine had diarrhea after taking it for a week :( Not very good for some children.

ryeli said...

don't worry, u will cope. having 2 young kids is definitely overwhelming but hey, we're women. nothing is impossible. lol.

just remember to squeeze in some 'me' time.

cant wait to see ur little one too and also to hear how no.1 will react to her mei-mei. tk care!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP