Friday, January 16, 2009

No one told me..


"no one told me that one day, my child would be old enough to wipe his own bottom without supervision. one day I would not fret over spilled food, high fever or struggle with feelings of inadequacy and guilt. and that my heart would ache, oh so much, realizing that motherhood is not about feeding little bellies or shaping characters anymore. it is about providing my sons with a sense of safety and consistency. it is about helping them make their own choices, and fully understand the consequences of those choices. it is about preparing them for a life where they will no longer need me." - Momster


Beautifully written. I don't think I could ever articulate those feelings as well as she did.

Although, I am no where close to where she's at right now but I believe I will, one day. Even before I know it.

Reading this truly made me realise just how fast they grow up and how so much difficult it is to let go..

4 comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

They grow up way too fast! My little girl is almost 12! :o(

Anonymous said...

very heartwarming. hey, Ashley looks more and more like you :D

Anonymous said...

'Tis true..tis true...

Soon, a quiet home will be one we do not wish to live in.

Anonymous said...

u will experience it one day and be proud of ur child. wishing u happy CNY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP