Sunday, August 24, 2008

Shades of Blue

Lets see – the weekend went well. Was able to get some shopping done and basically, relaxed the whole time with family. A great way to unwind especially from the disastrous weekend starter that we had. I probably saved some money on more blemish acne cream from not having been stressed out.

We were invited to a wedding dinner party by hubby's colleague yesterday evening. It was held at a bungalow turned restaurant, The Garden Courtyard Restaurant in Damansara Heights. The décor theme of the evening was silver and shades of blue which incidentally gave a very romantic, intimate and classy yet casual feel to the party. Not overly done and extremely beautiful. Sorry, I can't provide you with evidentiary photos since it was a private party and I didn't want to intrude. So, you'll just have to take my word for it.

As always, my personal favorite : the food - which was excellent. We were treated to a sit-down buffet dinner comprising a mixture of asian and western dishes as opposed to the traditional 10-course Chinese wedding dinners we are so used to. Frankly, I much prefer the buffet - faster!

I can't tell you how impressed I was throughout but I think my hubby's foreign boss may have been a little disappointed : he was looking forward to experience his very first authentic Chinese wedding. LOL...Boy, he sure was in for a shocker. He whispered “I honestly never expected this : here listening to songs by Frank Sinatra!”.

But there were snippets of Chinese wedding parties – like when they had the karaoke serenading sessions (with Mandarin numbers) and the 'Yam Seng” which I feel is usually mandatory at ANY Chinese weddings. So, I'm pretty sure that watered down his disappointment.

We took Ash along since it appears that her routine has “disappeared”. I chose the Japanese shorts and 'blouse' since..well, it goes pretty well with her new hair-cut..LOL...She had a great time and was determined to show us how much by running all over with no care at all - oblivious to the fact that she was more the entertainer than the entertainee.

Regrettably, we couldn't stay on till the end. Especially, not with a young toddler. People were already querying why we even brought her and shouldn't she be in bed. I shrugged and told them that she USED to be in bed but for some reason, she just doesn't want to anymore. I feel guilty. We will work this out. Somehow. Wish me luck! :-)

My lil' Japanese doll

3 comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

She is absolutely adorable! She really look like a little doll there!

Sandra Carvalho said...

OMG!What a princess!
xoxo

Mommy to Chumsy said...

awww...she looks soooo cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008. Modified by Shireen Loh.

Back to TOP